Real close call this week. Was a nervous wreck.

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Real close call this week. Was a nervous wreck.

Post by T.Low »

I had a real close call earlier in the week and wasn't sure I would hold out this long... :peep:

I somehow wound up on Craigslist searching for Dodge Charger's and would'nt you know it, there was a '68 440 slightly modified, including a Keisler 5spd stick transmission, for $18,000 OBO...I started shakin' in my seat and looking for my cell phone. Luckily the guy works afternoons he says in his add, so i didn't bother to call. Then I was so busy at work that I didn't call all day. Today I went to look for the ad and it was gone. It was placed Sept 24 in the Seattle CL, (even though the car is in Bellingham, the market is in Seattle). So now I don't have the phone number, which is good because in todays economy, I really shouldn't be buying my dream toy car. [-X Even though it will cost twice as much next time.

I'd seen the car around town, and it sounds and looks great.

Phew, that was close. Back to reality...
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Topic author
T.Low

Re: Real close call this week. Was a nervous wreck.

Post by T.Low »

Oh, crap, I just googled and found the ad...and called an left my number...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/853052328.html

...I'm sure its snatched up, though. Too many Charger brokers out there these days. You'll see it somehwere for $29,999.
ImageImageImageImage

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Topic author
T.Low

Post by T.Low »

Oh thats great Zam, now I've broken out in a cold sweat!

I'll just leave that pic up on the screen while I pack for my trip this weekend.

Edit: Hah, just realized the Bullit Mustang behind it.

Edit: My screen savor...someday in the not too distant future...this will be in one garage with the Astro in the other. [-o<
ImageImageImageImage

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

funny i wanna get one of those too but by the time i can afford them they'll be 50k and incredibly hard to find. i have a fairly short list of dream cars this is one of em
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

Zam found this pic for me on the last Mopar thread that was put up here . but i'm glad to see i'm not the only one who like old Mopar Muscle Machines . this is my all time favorite ....

1970 challenger RT with a 440 six pack !!!! :supz: :supz: :supz:
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Mongke Khan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Mongke Khan »

I posted this link in astrozam's "Another Car Pic Thread," I wonder how many people saw it--

http://bringatrailer.com/

There's all kinds of cars for sale listed . . . desire is the root of all suffering

skippy
I sleep in my van

Post by skippy »

the last one was a nice car but this ones sweeter !!!!!!

sorry but you guys got me started on this . :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha:
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

mattblackratbus
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by mattblackratbus »

I love that Thing...Johnny

Topic author
T.Low

Post by T.Low »

skippy wrote:the last one was a nice car but this ones sweeter !!!!!!

sorry but you guys got me started on this . :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha: :muhaha:

Very nice, alright.

I gotta admit, though, when I do get a msucle car, it will have a stick shift in it. For me, thats half the fun. Thats one reason I was having a hard time parting with my Dodge Dakota. With the stick shift, and everything else, (including Durango R/T 17" wheels, and Mopar Performance Exhaust, among others) that thing was a little 4x4 muscle truck.
ImageImageImageImage

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

When I was a kid many moons ago I dreamed of going to Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago. Never made it and not sure I would have known what to do when I got there. My guess is I'd of wound up with a Hemi in something,,anything, who knows.
A car many know nothing of is the 68 Hemi Dart the dealership threw together back in the day. Now going for close to a quarter million bucks I think. Mr Norm and Moon have gotten together and are building the 68 again.

Here's an original I thought you guys might like seeing a real asphalt burner,,a car most of us will never lay an eye on.

http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/904552.html

Your story reminded me of the day I was driving home from work and on the way it hit me again, I want a 97 Z-28 6 speed and it has to be white. I was in the driveway, back out and headed to the dealership down town. Telling my myself, I will not buy a new one, has to be very low miles, white 6 speed. You know, trying to mack it as hard as possible. Pulled in and there it was. I walked around the car many times, could find not one dent or scratch, original tires, ashtray never used. I even asked the sale guy why it was sitting in the used car section. This car looked as if it had never been on the road. I went home with the Z. How could I not ?? :yawinkle:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Well in my past I owned a 1973 Dodge Dart sport 340 which I raced for 4yrs in heavy E.T.It had a set of T/A heads,Mr gasket cast valve covers,Edelbrock intake,Mopar purple cam,Mopar hot box,line lock,headman headers,tach,fuel pressure gage mounted on the cowl,oil pressure gage,Holley race prep'ed 600 or 650 carb,7" cheater slicks.Two yrs of it the car was in the top 4 finshers at two tracks each wk.It was a foot brake car.Sold to a guy at the track for what I had into it and he paid me for all the mods too.Included in the sale was a 440 which I intended to swap into it for the following yr.Basicly it was a free ride for four yrs and it kept me sharp to drive another car on a pro tree.Cost lots more to build than a Chevy would have through.The parts where much more expensive.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

for you guys that like the mopar muscle... check out http://www.xvmotorsports.com they take what is old and make it much better than new. if you have a few surf around their site.. and dream. we sell them body shop supplies and i've mixed them paint on many occasions

hey T.Low .. that was a clean dak. here was my baby.. a lightly modded 00 4.7L CC (which i sold to buy the 99 stro)

now i'm searching quietly for a 00 - 02 QC with the 5.9L .. very few and far between, figured there would be more.. & cheap, with the gas prices. after 00 the 4.7 was the standard V8.. if you wanted the 5.9 you had to order it...
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Cool site Rob, they really have some nice mod upgrades for classic muscle.