If you had to see just one video today...

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

If you had to see just one video today...

Post by peter »

...then let it be this one. Truly an inspiration and oh so true!

http://www.guzer.com/videos/are-you-goi ... strong.php
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: If you had to see just one video today...

Post by dunedog »

Saw this a while ago,........I have a GREAT life!

My dad never let us wallow in self pity, and always held up the fact of knowing someone that was truly challenged!
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

Water Boy
I sleep in my van

Post by Water Boy »

Yep, no arms, no legs, no problem.

Saw that awhile back somewhere else.

He has a bunch on YouTube that I watched.
Talk about the spirit to keep moving forward.

There are a few others that have similar situations and continue to inspire.

One guy I remember has no arms but goes fishing on the amateur circuit.

How many of us have stubbed our toe or had a bad hair day and _itched about it.

Makes ya think beyond our self doesn't it?
I was told getting my beauty sleep was a waste of time.

1990 Astro (Z motor) mostly original @ 343,584 miles (552,944.8488960001 Canadian) (03/2008). Bad startup puff. Starting to spray for skeeters. Gone 06/07/08.
1993 Astro with a bad W motor. Parked next to a chicken coop in Talking Rock GA
I'm 'tween Canton and Holly Springs (North NorthWest of Atlanta GA)
I haul bottled water everyday- between 500 and 2500 pounds (226.796185 and 1,133.980925 Canadian) INSIDE the van.

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

I've always been taught do the best you can with what you have. Take care of your own side of the street and don't concern yourself with someone elses.. as well as many other things.
with the specific two I've learned above, I really find it difficult not to show this clip to a person that needs to see it. whether they 'get it' or not, it's worth a try. I know a couple of people that are stuck in a 'poor me, look what i'm cursed with' attitude.
one former 'best friend' that I can't stand to be around anymore because of his negativity and have had to tell him so.

nothing changes, if nothing changes. only WE can make that change OURSELVES regardless of what others do.

here's the one that sticks with me.... (sorry for the long post but it goes right in hand with the video clip)

LET IT REALLY SINK IN - THEN CHOOSE

John is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"

He was a natural motivator.

If an employee was having a bad day, John was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.

Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up and asked him, "I don't get it!
You can't be a positive person all of the time How do you do it?"

He replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood

I choose to be in a good mood."

Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.

Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.

"Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested.

"Yes, it is," he said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood.

You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life."

I reflected on what he said. Soon hereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.

Several years later, I heard that he was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.

After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, he was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.

I saw him about six months after the accident.

When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins..Wanna see my scars?"

I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.

"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," he replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live."

"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked

He continued, "..the paramedics were great.

They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man'. I knew I needed to take action."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said John. "She asked if I was allergic to anything 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'"

Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead."

He lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.

Attitude, after all, is everything.
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

I've seen that video before, thanks for posting it again Peter. It makes all my pissant "problems" go away and makes me appreciate what I do have. Life's good. I don't have real problems, I have inconveniences.
need to put that one on my desktop and watch it every time I get frustrated with something.
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

No words other than thanks for posting Peter.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words