Since orders are electronically processed, we do not exchang

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Brutalis
I am merely driving my van

Since orders are electronically processed, we do not exchang

Post by Brutalis »

I have a story.
I made my first order to US internet homepage last week. I need some new parts to my 98 AWD Astro. I am in Europe (Iceland) and not many Astro car here and sometime difficult to have spare parts. So I did my firs order fom some US auto parts service.
I do not know when my items will arrived (they haven’t arrived to my international forwarder in US yet) . At fist I had problem with my applications to this dealer and contacted online help regarding my first order as I could not finished my billing information (non US address). When the online assistant was helping me with the application She/he found out my brake disc´s I was order where not in stock .........even it shows in stock on the webside. The assistant offered me other brand. I accepted that but found out that he/she had placed wrong disc´s. I needed disc for AWD and my order was for front AWD disc´s car but after assistants help there where now front RWD disc´s in my order. I instantly wanted them out of my order but the assistant told me that the she/he had placed the order already "and since orders are electronically processed, we do not exchange orders" and refused to take this item out of my order........trying to convince me that this was right disc´s for my car and I should not worry. I was pissed off )>) knowing that I am paying for something I cannot use and cost fortune to ship overseas.

Not a good service . [-X

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Since orders are electronically processed, we do not exchang

Post by Smiliesafari »

I would refuse the entire order and find a different supplier.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

what was the website you ordered from?
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

Topic author
Brutalis

Post by Brutalis »

Smiliesafari wrote:I would refuse the entire order and find a different supplier.
They have already shipped the order to international forwarder. I do not know if that forwarder are willing to hold back this idem for return. I have to find out about that.
Last edited by Brutalis on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Brutalis

Post by Brutalis »

Cobra wrote:what was the website you ordered from?
http://www.partstrain.com/

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Here in the states, when you pay by credit card and you refuse the order and still get charged, the credit card companies will go after the company who charged you. They will give you back the credit much faster than most companies you buy from.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Topic author
Brutalis

Post by Brutalis »

Hmm.... maybe I give my creditcard company a call tomorrow. Thanks for good advice..

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

You may want to check with Darren on parts you may need. He was shipping items to folks in England and may ship to you. I'm sure he could check parts before he ships which would help for sure. The west coast wonder goes by SoCalliV8 here on ASV's.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

the language barrier makes your post a little hard to read, but what I gathered is you were trying to order new front discs for your AWD and they are sending you discs for a RWD astro. Correct me if i am wrong but as far as i know our brakes are all the same AWD or RWD. in 03 they started using discs in the back also, but this would not apply to you. see if there are parts numbers or something, if they match AWD to RWD i wouldnt worry. good luck!
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

Gnarli, the disks for RWD and AWD are completely different. On RWD the hub and lugs are part of the disc, on AWD the disc slips over the lugs like a FWD.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Topic author
Brutalis

Post by Brutalis »

I gave my credit card company I call and the short wersion of that story is they can‘t realy help. Anyway...... just to keep this story ongoing......and you have to excuse my for my poor language. #-o English is not even my second language. I wonder if that is somehow the reason for this mess in my order
I placed this idem to my order:
P15AR8622L and P15AR8622R 5 x 5 in. bolt hole pattern; 11.610 in. outside diameter;
What the help assistant placed instead was: E35GD7170 EBC 5 x 5 in. bolt hole pattern; 11.9 in. Diameter.
Like ihatemybike have said this is likely a disc with hub and lugs and is not for my AWD car.
I think I only can wait for all my idems shows up, (sparks, brake pad set, shoe set, and blower motor for my friend) looking forward to see if I can return the disc´s on theyr cost (probably the shippment back is a round 150 dollars).
I have contact onlinehelp again and have now a phone number for return shippments. I think I will have my australian friend to call them for me so the language barier will hopefully not be a problem there mate..
I have a textcopy of the first talk with the assistant so I hope I can prove that they placed idems that were wrong.
I have contact onlinehelp again and have now a phone number for return shippments. I think I will have my Astralian friend to call them for me so the language will hopefully not be a problem there mate..

More of this story later.
:swords:

Topic author
Brutalis

Post by Brutalis »

Hi again.
I forgot to finish this story here.
The short version of the story is that I received all my items and they all fit to my AWD Astro. :prayer:

The longer version:
My Australian friend rung them up after finding out about new phonenumber that works. That one I had from the online help did not work. He waited for 20 min. on the phone just to hear from them that they needed more information. I had given him order number and thought that was enough. Oh boy I was wrong. He phoned them next day with all the info needed and they replayed by telling him that the brake front (rotor) disc´s they had placed in my order fits perfectly.
Well after all this I started to do some research on the internet about this item EBC E35GD7170 and everywhere I looked I saw only disc´s for RWD Astro car.......but I found out that there was also item GD7170 from EBC that fits perfectly to my Astro. I contacted the online service help on their homepage and asked if they placed item number GD7170 in my order instead of E35GD7170. They replayed NO. I asked them if they have also item GD7170 and they replayed: it is the same Item. BINGO.
#-o How complicated can simple things be?

When I had the items in my hands I saw GD7170 written all ower tha package.

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

sounds like they just use the last chunk of the parts number to shorten things up a bit.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Glad to hear it all worked out well for you Brutalis :supz:

P.S How did you get you're Astro in the 1st place, I take it you imported it from England? Japan?

st4s
I am smitten with my van

Post by st4s »

@Brutalis
Next time you might want to try http://www.rockauto.com/, me and some other folks here in the german 'stro-forum had a pretty good experience with them, and delivery happens to be really fast at times.
On one occassion I passed an online-order on Wednesday at 22:00 and the parts were delivered on Friday at 12:00.
Considering the time it usually takes to get a customs clearing this IS amazing and delivered faster than most of the german us-car-parts-retailers would.
-Frank-
ImageImageImage
07 Dodge Nitro SLT, LPG, 93l propane tank
06 Moto Morini Corsaro 1200
94 Astro AWD 2" Overland Lift, LPG, 95l propane tank
93 Honda VFR750
82 Vespa 135cc

Berlin, Germany