IGNITION WIRES

Topic author
onewingman
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

IGNITION WIRES

Post by onewingman »

I was reading one of the topics last night, before my registration cleared, so, I couldn't comment then. Anyways, everyone was all over changing their plug wires. I checked a brand new set of XYZ bitchen' wires and my original stock GM's for ohms...the OE's, after 150K were still in near perfect shape and way lower than the new ones...I don't remember what the actual numbers were.

It's not that I'm against UPGRADING your wires, just be sure that's what you're doing...Buy wire from someone with a good reputation. I checked my 8.5mm MSD's and they were right on the money, if I remember, 45ohms/ft. they weren't cheap, but if you're running big, expensive ignition...it's nice to have it arrive where it's supposed to...

Hey, where's the little "burn rubber" guy...?

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: IGNITION WIRES

Post by Smiliesafari »

Welcome to the site OWM. You are right on. I can't imagine how many good parts have been tossed for replacements that may have been inferior. Good Post. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Re: IGNITION WIRES

Post by Kabey's Van »

You should alway's try to eliminate possible issue's as much as posssible before you spend money on parts.
With today's competitive markets and a very well informed purcha$ing public, you tend to get what you pay for now a day's.

Welcome to the site,
Peter