Ft Wayne, Indiana: Muddy River Car Show

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Ft Wayne, Indiana: Muddy River Car Show

Post by SafariRob »

I went to the Muddy River Car Show in Ft Wayne, Indiana, today to check out the hardware--saw a bunch of very well crafted cars there, from hot rods to customs to muscle cars. I can't imagine the money spent on getting those cars and trucks into the shape they are now in.

The organizers of the show also had a raffle going on for charity. One of the items to be raffled was a Ligenfelter built LS2 engine. I just had to get a few tickets on that one.
Sigh, I didn't win. No surprise there, though. Don't know what I'd have done if I had; the engine didn't come with a wiring harness or ECM, and I haven't had the best luck in ECM selection so far. I bet getting the ECM would have been expensive.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Ft Wayne, Indiana: Muddy River Car Show

Post by mdmead »

SafariRob wrote:I went to the Muddy River Car Show in Ft Wayne, Indiana, today to check out the hardware--saw a bunch of very well crafted cars there, from hot rods to customs to muscle cars.....
And what, you didn't take a camera?! :whistle:
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Now I knows you and the Mrs have a camera, you had to take a couple pics Rob,yes?? no?? say it isn't so [-X lol

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Rob-not for nothing,but I called them about 6 months ago.We have contact with John about 15yrs ago at his auction.Well to make a long story short,they ref'ed me to a company in Fl that now does all their computer work.

BTW-Peter and myself got a ride in one of John's cars.(Peter is my partner)I got to tell you that car was one of the strongest hard pulling street cars that I have ever rode in.And I owned a 427 duel quad Ford new in 1964.The other thing that got me about his engine in that car was it was the idle was so tame.It idled like any other normal production engine.You could put a glass of water on the hood and not spill a drop.You hit the gas and it just never stop pulling.

God rest his soul,

He was one of the best.

Gary
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Nope, no photos. We went to Ft Wayne to look at...cough, cough...furniture...but the place my wife really wanted to check out was closed. As in 'out of business' closed, which, for some reason, didn't bother me at all!
However, we began to see signs for the car show, so that's where we ended up. I didn't know the car show was there until I saw the signs.

Yeah, it was too much to believe that I could win the engine, but it didn't hurt to try.

Oh, and if the cars weren't enough, the women present were certainly worth the price of admission. Between the cars and the babes I was on the threshold of sensory overload.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

Shiney cars and women and no Peter.Man he must be slipping in his old age.Being the president of the Peter fan club,guess I got to start booking the "next best thing" for shows like this with look a likes.Hey that's a idea.I should try to get Peter on that show:"The Next Best Thing" as a Toni Curtis look alike.(Younger version that is)He could win that thing.LOL
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.