Dial Up and Now DSL

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Dial Up and Now DSL

Post by 1Gary »

The people who know me know since I first started on here and on the old site,know that I have been using dial up for the internet.For yrs it has been a challenge where it would for no reason come up with the dreaded 691 code of user name-password not recognized on the domain.Each time it would take calls back and forth to Frontier phone aleast two hrs to unravel and sometimes a whole day.

Well I got controlled tick-off the last time.I do think it is Frontier's way of harassment of it's dial up users.For me each time it hurts to hold the phone against my ear for that long given my serious carpel-tunnel I have in both hands.Oh yeah-operation coming up 10/29/13.

So I get them on the line to tell them it has been a wk without the dial up and unless they do something for the yrs of issues,I'm going shopping for someone else.Read them the riot act.I force them to eat two months of bills.I pay every other month,it just easier to budget.Then a free Wi-Fi router and free install.Guess what??. Nope still didn't work!!!.Sooooo they send out a guy to "check" the line.He tells me there is no way it would ever work for DSL because the station for it too far away.Sure seems to me they don't know what the hell they are doing.Force them to run a whole new line from a mile away the next day.Still nada.Then finally the next day they fix what was wrong in the office.

So now I have a faster DSL.LOL actually I have become a speed junky.Got used to it and wonder if there is anything that is faster....................... #-o
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Dial Up and Now DSL

Post by mdmead »

1Gary wrote:Got used to it and wonder if there is anything that is faster....................... #-o
Cable...

(But that brings a whole bunch of issues with overbearing, overcharging, idiot customer service cable companies!)
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

Mr_Roboto
I sleep in my van

Re: Dial Up and Now DSL

Post by Mr_Roboto »

Dunno can't be any worse than AT&T's "out of state" tech support. Congrats on moving to the 20th century there Gary. It took me forever to convince the folks to do it and they can't be happier. No more screeching, always on etc. Just hop on and go.