New member from Chicago area.

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: New member from Chicago area.

Post by ihatemybike »

You going come to the Astro meets at Augustino's in St Charles?
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Topic author
RickU
I am smitten with my van

Post by RickU »

I don't know when and what that is.
1997 GMC Safari AWD 4" Lift, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, Eaton G80 locker w/3.73 gears, Moog Steering, Rancho up front, Monroe Air in back, Gm 1 ton 4x4 calipers more to come...To see a pic of my new V8 hold down Alt+F4

ihatemybike

Post by ihatemybike »

When: Pretty much whenever we get a reason.
What: AS drivers meeting at a cool '50s themed restaurant, eating, BSing, and showing vans.
Where: Augustino's is located just west of IL-59 (Sutton Rd) on IL-64 (North Ave) in St.Charles.

Last meet at Auggy's was a couple weeks back when Mr_Roboto was up from the Carbondale area for job interviews. Southern and I had our vans there. Same group and vans met at Southern's house about a week later when Mr_Roboto had his second interview.
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

Topic author
RickU
I am smitten with my van

Post by RickU »

Cool.
1997 GMC Safari AWD 4" Lift, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, Eaton G80 locker w/3.73 gears, Moog Steering, Rancho up front, Monroe Air in back, Gm 1 ton 4x4 calipers more to come...To see a pic of my new V8 hold down Alt+F4

phr1$k37
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by phr1$k37 »

peter wrote:Awesome! It's a got a "don't you dare dick with me" look. No chromey bling bling, yet pretty at the same time. Looks great :supz:

Must be interesting to think the way you do Petey ... but I am all thumbs up with your statement! I love look of the ride and '97 is the best :D
Those tires look lovely!!! Wish I did not have to go to so many underground parking here where I live - otherwise I would put beefer tires on my ride as well.
97' Safari AWD SLT - Nicknamed "Princess" cause of all the TLC she begs from me!
Photos and Specs of "Princess"

Topic author
RickU
I am smitten with my van

Post by RickU »

Thanks.

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

Welcome aboard RickU. Nice looking van you've got, but I would stay away from Peter if I were you. You let him find out where you live and he might just show up riding a motorcycle, wearing a blue dress, whilst toting some serious firepower..... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
(Stick around long enough and you'll find out what that little cryptic piece of information means!) :muhaha: :muhaha:
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Welcome,,looks as if you've already met our local Smurfette from the far north, so I'll just say hello and move on. :whistle:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
RickU
I am smitten with my van

Post by RickU »

trybe13 wrote:Welcome aboard RickU. Nice looking van you've got
Thanks.
trybe13 wrote:but I would stay away from Peter if I were you. You let him find out where you live and he might just show up riding a motorcycle, wearing a blue dress, whilst toting some serious firepower..... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
I've seen his motorcycle, I don't want to see him in a blue dress, and I have enough firepower I'm not worried about anyone stopping by. :D
Last edited by RickU on Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Topic author
RickU
I am smitten with my van

Post by RickU »

Rebel wrote:Welcome,,looks as if you've already met our local Smurfette from the far north, so I'll just say hello and move on. :whistle:
Love that corvette suspesion. Nice work.

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Thanks Rick,,life long project down south, leaving it in the will for my Son to finish it appears. :-({|=
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Rebel wrote:Thanks Rick,,life long project down south, leaving it in the will for my Son to finish it appears. :-({|=

Ya don't say..... :muhaha:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Post by 9dawgs »

Great looking van! I like those Craigers. Were did you purchase them and what are the demensions? I've always liked the black out look. :supz:
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)

Topic author
RickU
I am smitten with my van

Post by RickU »

9dawgs wrote:Great looking van! I like those Craigers.
Thanks. I like your lift van also. Nice look to it.
9dawgs wrote:Were did you purchase them and what are the demensions? I've always liked the black out look. :supz:
I got them on eBay for $200 previously owned but never used. 15"x 8" 5 on 5" bolt spacing 4.75" backspacing.

9dawgs
I sleep in my van

Post by 9dawgs »

I got them on eBay for $200 previously owned but never used. 15"x 8" 5 on 5" bolt spacing 4.75" backspacing.
What!? $200!! Oh man, I've gotta shop Ebay more. I always get frustrated with the west coasters out bidding me in the wee hours of the morning...

Sweet deal indeed.:muhaha:
Jim<><

'99 Astro 4X2, (RIP) 4" Overland Lift, 31X10.50/15 BF Goodrich AT T/A KO,
Rancho RS5000 shocks, Rockford Fosgate RFX9000, Red Top Optima, K&N Filter

'98 Astro 4X2 (SOLD)