My girl left me out of the blue friday night

Non technical and off-topic discussion

mattblackratbus
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: My girl left me out of the blue friday night

Post by mattblackratbus »

Mark, its good to hear that you are keeping strong and getting on with your life, in time things may change, but live for today and cram as much in as you can, lifes short use it well....Johnny

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

It seems people go either one of two ways in these circustances: They either hit the bars and the bottle and spend money like a drunken sailor, or they hit the gym and the high road, and get thier ducks in order. Praise to you for regrouping, and running a tight ship.

Be the best self you can be. People admire that, and good women will seek you out, wether its someone new or your X coming to grips with what was good about her life, and what needed to change in her life.

Keep up the good work.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Kidhauler
I sleep in my van

Post by Kidhauler »

I agree with southern its nice to come home and have someone there who is always happy to see you. Get a dog.
Hopefully your ex will sort out her problems and deal with things in her life before it wrecks her life.

You know how a dog is better than a wife?

Leave the two of them out in the backyard in the rain for a few hours and see which one gives you a big kiss when you open the door. :muhaha:
1999 Safari Touring edition.
trailer tow pack with a 3:73 posi
Bucket bench seats, Rear heat, Rear Airconditioning.
teal green
300 000 kms
AirRide air bags in the rear to fix soft stock suspension.
Onboard aircompressor to make it all work nice.

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

Kidhauler wrote:I agree with southern its nice to come home and have someone there who is always happy to see you. Get a dog.
Hopefully your ex will sort out her problems and deal with things in her life before it wrecks her life.

You know how a dog is better than a wife?

Leave the two of them out in the backyard in the rain for a few hours and see which one gives you a big kiss when you open the door. :muhaha:

Put them both in the trunk of your car and drive around for a half hour; which one gives you a big kiss when you let them out? :muhaha:
ImageImageImageImage

Kabey's Van
I sleep in my van

Post by Kabey's Van »

My wife of 21 years decided this January that it wasn't working anymore and left and she was probably right, non the less she was my best friend and man did it hurt.
I don't know how old you are but at my age it was really tough.
I took some time off work and re-evaluated everything.
I rented out my house, and after 30 years in the heavy construction industry decided to semi retire and slow my life down.
Looking back on all that has happened this year there is very little I would change.
The "one thing" that remained constant thoughout everthing were my Landseers, Kabey and Emily.
I trully believe if it were not for them I would not be here today.
They gave me a purpose to live when I was at my lowest and they were always glad to see me.
They were a constant steady light that I headed for every day.
If it is at all possible for you to get a dog, get one.
It will change your life forever.
Peter

Topic author
dj_joker_2002

Post by dj_joker_2002 »

Wow I have been gone from here for a while, so its been 7 months since she left and I have a new woman in my life and she is beautiful, smart, totally different in all positive aspects and she recently told me she loves me.
The funny thing is we met out of the blue at a local Kmart store and neither of us was even suppose to be there, we were there accidentally. Thank you all for your advice and friendship! Advice to anyone with a broken heart-
Look for a book titled: How to heal a broken heart in 30 days

This book is so helpful, Mark

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

Jesus, I missed this thread!!!!

Sorry to hear of your woes, and happier'n hell you're back on track. :supz:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

89AstroDan
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 89AstroDan »

The funny thing is we met out of the blue at a local Kmart store and neither of us was even suppose to be there, we were there accidentally.
Another word for that kind of accident is destiny. Congratulations, sometimes the grass is greener on the other side. \:D/
89 Astro Shorty
3.73 G80

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

glad to hear you are doing really well Mark. even better to see you back and checking in with us, thanks for that =D>

some way, some how you have to tie in a 'blue light special' with something relationship related in the future.. you just gotta .. LOL :yawinkle:
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

kings-x59
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by kings-x59 »

good deal man! seems like you find what you are looking for, when you aren't looking for it :supz:
'89 Astro, 4.3L, TBI. Minor intake and exhaust mods. Rebuilt 700R4 trans (by me). Corvette servo, 0.5" boost valve, police grade 1-2 accumulator spring (shifts fast and solid). B&M stacked plate trans cooler. Bilstein shocks. Belltech sway bars front and back. New head unit, speakers and subwoofer. Needs paint and a new headliner.

name's Steve
I can't remember all I've forgotten about that....

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Woah.... I haven`t seen this post either, and just read every reply....

Good luck dude, as Skippy mentioned this site is alot more that just a van site.... It`s a family site also.... :supz: :heart:
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

robertg

Post by robertg »

i missed this too.

just glad to hear that you're doing well! :)
2000 Astro 4.3 A4- b&m transcooler/autometer trans temp gauge. 171k miles
1995 Astro 4.3 A4- generic flowmaster muffler. 239k miles

dumb lady
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dumb lady »

:heart: I love happy endings! :heart:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
~Ayn Rand

'96 RWD Astro. 155K

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

I took on a young couple with a baby as borders and what they pay me is half my morgage so the house is mine.
Is the house in your name only ? I hope so. If not,,do all you can to get her name off the deed. Don't get me wrong,,,nothing against her but some women who go through these things can really run you through the mill if you don't have the jump on um. Don't be a nice guy right now on these legal issues,,you can possibly be friends later but take care of your business now.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

T.Low

Post by T.Low »

Rebel wrote:
I took on a young couple with a baby as borders and what they pay me is half my morgage so the house is mine.
Is the house in your name only ? I hope so. If not,,do all you can to get her name off the deed. Don't get me wrong,,,nothing against her but some women who go through these things can really run you through the mill if you don't have the jump on um. Don't be a nice guy right now on these legal issues,,you can possibly be friends later but take care of your business now.
My friends are getting divorced. Both great people...who knows why. He was being generous for certain reasons, and decided to give her 75% of the house with all the furniture and everything (they both believe that particular home is a very special place and he wants her to be able to stay there), so she only had to buy him out of 25%. Everything was all fine until suddenly she's talking maybe giving him 20% or less cause its still a lot of money.

She went and talked to her attorney and the attorney actually said, "Well, he's entitled to 50% of everything...so maybe you should kiss him on the cheek and say thank you for the 25% before he changes his mind."

Divorce tends to bring out the absolute worst in people. Take care of your business so you can provide for yourself and your future loved ones. :yawinkle:

Glad to hear things are working out a lot better for you.
ImageImageImageImage