WILD AND CRAZY GUY

FROM AWD'S TO 2-SPEED MANUAL SHIFT, IF IT LINKS THE REAR AXLE TO THE FRONT AXLE, POST IT HERE.

Topic author
Icuff4cash
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

WILD AND CRAZY GUY

Post by Icuff4cash »

:yikes: hello my name is Robert
I been a member for a while but been bench racking because my HOA IN VEGAS does not allow project cars.
I now have a new house non HOA so my wheels are spinning. This must have been asked before but......
I want an astro 4/4 camp mobile like the crazy fords I see in the vegas desert. I been reading that the astro 4/4 is not a good project for this and lifting them for bigger tires is limited. I know if I wanted to have a mule I should have brought a jeep. But I'm similar wheel chair bound and need a van. I searched and there is many postings but they run together. I don't read forums a lot so if someone could email me info that would be better. When I was a young street pup my dad and uncle took a frame of a suburban or truck and dropped my uncles 66 Chevy station wagon on it. Uncle had the baddest 4x4 2 door wagon running on the jersey shore. Can you drop a van on a sub frame of a S10 or newer S10 blazer or jimmy to get real off road use. I read about swapping sub frames from all wheel drive Astros but there's more S10 4x4 in bone yards then Astros. Also has anyone published a book on such conversions. Please email me. My MS kicks butt some days so I'm not a forum person logging in just waiting when my iron is hot I have to strike.
SORRY IF I OFENDED ANY ALL WHEEL DRIVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS
ROBERT LAS VEGAS
ICUFF4cash@gmail.com

AstroWill
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: WILD AND CRAZY GUY

Post by AstroWill »

HOAs suck! Well, it's doable, the best example I have seen in person was BigGreenOger 99 lifted diesel build. He took the frame and drivetrain from an 80s K5 and had brackets welded up.

Can't attach photos as the board attachment quota has been reached but google will find some of it.

Best of luck and make sure to post a build thread and pictures :)