Deoderiziing interior smoke smell

FROM HEADLINERS TO CARPETS, CUSTOM DASHES TO MOOD LIGHTING, IT GOES HERE.

Topic author
astroskpe
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Deoderiziing interior smoke smell

Post by astroskpe »

Just bought a run-down (it's getting to be the type available?) 94 Astro conversion van because it has a high top, 2WD, and a power seat/bed. It's the smaller 2WD van I want for single-person, long-weekender use, which I consider my AWD 97 Safari too big for..

It reeks of cigarette smell. Can anyone recommend a way to deodorize it? I am going snowbirding for 3 months, so something to put in it while it sits in the driveway would be a start. Then I know I will have to do a strip-out-and-replace or heavy cleaning job. Any suggestions for that or where to get new carpet, panels etc? I took one quick look in a junk yard for replacement panels, seats, etc. and that wasn't promising.

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Deoderiziing interior smoke smell

Post by Herbie »

I would hope that replacement panels would be a last resort. I'd start with a solid wet-cleaning on all the soft surfaces. This is one of those times when a pro-detailer can earn his money, if such a service is available in your area.
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.