WABDR

A place to discuss all activities related to the Great Outdoors & Camping

Topic author
nonhog
I get chills without my van.

WABDR

Post by nonhog »

Anyone go from Carson to Packwood? I have a 2" lifted Astro and am wondering if its enough to tackle that section? I do plan on adding skid plates.
http://ridebdr.com/WABDR
Recovering hoarder

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: WABDR

Post by mdmead »

I don't know. I know much of this route is on general Forest Service roads and I think maybe some DNR sections. Most of this would be passable with an nearly stock AWD van. But if some of these sections are true 4wd routes, it may be too much. I'd go for it if you are interested as you could certainly bypass the worst sections if you weren't comfortable tackling them. (I do know a 4x4 Astro [2" of lift and 2-speed T-case] can get to Gallagher Lake and that impressed the hell out of me!)
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

Topic author
nonhog
I get chills without my van.

Re: WABDR

Post by nonhog »

mdmead wrote:I don't know. I know much of this route is on general Forest Service roads and I think maybe some DNR sections. Most of this would be passable with an nearly stock AWD van. But if some of these sections are true 4wd routes, it may be too much. I'd go for it if you are interested as you could certainly bypass the worst sections if you weren't comfortable tackling them. (I do know a 4x4 Astro [2" of lift and 2-speed T-case] can get to Gallagher Lake and that impressed the hell out of me!)
I have a 2 speed T-case but it will wait until the many other items needed are handled. Fixing the weak links on an A-S. can be a chore. LOL
Thanks for the post!
Recovering hoarder