New Guy

Introduce yourself
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
Sur Far I
I am merely driving my van

New Guy

Post by Sur Far I »

63CA198B-8DED-4CC1-B3AF-95E12ECB055C.jpeg
Hey Everybody! After an exhausting search up and down the west coast for a low mile rust free AWD I would like to introduce my 2001 AWD Safari! Rear heat and air and low low 82,000 miles! She is named Sur Far I, but a formal christening ceremony has yet to take place :yawinkle:. She is hailing out of the coastal mountains of central Cali. Plans are to get 5in lift, bigger wheels, real 4x4, and assorted off roady stuff. Maybe maybe give a bunch of money to Fiberine and get a 16in roof. But that’s a ways off. Beauty shots coming soon! Chris

Captn. Crunch
I sleep in my van

Re: New Guy

Post by Captn. Crunch »

Congratulations on the new van and joining the site. Looking forward to seeing your mods. We’ll be here for help, advice and whatever else you need. Abuse is always available. :)
Captn. Crunch
"I don't beat my rig-I use it to it's maximum potential"
1994 Safari conversion (sold) and miss'n it!
1999 Safari SLE AWD junked
2003 GMC Safari AWD SLT
cast iron Torsen equipped front diff
S-10 leafs-G80 rear w/3.73’s
2” body lift w/Falken Wildpeak AT’s

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by MountainManJoe »

Welcome, Chris.
=D>

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Congrats on finding such a well preserved van, they are almost all gone to rust and dust in my part of Canada these days ( Ontario ) they were a great van for many people for a long time, good to see one found a good home with an owner who wants to mod it up a little.

Topic author
Sur Far I

Post by Sur Far I »

Thanks Astrozam, I’m from jersey and have an intimate knowledge of how salt kills cars. This safari spent her life in the SoCal desert and is super clean underneath with just some paint peeling around the tranny pumpkin. Gonna spray the underside with lanolin to keep it that way.

sc-surfer
I am smitten with my van

Post by sc-surfer »

Sur Far I wrote:Thanks Astrozam, I’m from jersey and have an intimate knowledge of how salt kills cars. This safari spent her life in the SoCal desert and is super clean underneath with just some paint peeling around the tranny pumpkin. Gonna spray the underside with lanolin to keep it that way.

Yay, another new guy. Me too. Just got my van delivered today. Looking forward to tearing into it!
2003 Astro AWD 27x.xxx Miles
Journeys 7" lift set to about 6in.
BFG 30 x 9.5s on factory 16" wheels