I had a big idea for our Forum, and I want to run it by you for opinions. I am thinking about expanding this Forum to include the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana vans.
I think it would breathe some new life into the forum, and bring more cross-pollination. Owners of both styles can benefit from each other's knowledge.
The full size vans bear many similarities to the Astro/Safari. For example:
- Some use the same 4.3L Vortec engine
- Some use the same 4L60e automatic transmission.
- The AWD also uses torsion bar suspension
- The AWD uses the same viscous coupled Borg Warner transfer case as the early Astrofaris (albeit a bit beefier)
- And of course being vans they are loved by outdoor/camping enthusiasts
So there it is... something to chew on. Let me know what you think over in the FEEDBACK section. I've created an open topic HERE.