General technical discussion and troubleshooting

Topic author
ChevyExpress2007
I am merely driving my van

Instrument panel gone haywire

Post by ChevyExpress2007 »

Greetings Mountain,

Was this carried over to the 2007 G2500?

I'm asking, cuz' I, & My Son are rebuilding a wrecked 2007 CHevy Express G2500 Cargo Van, & all of a sudden the Dash cluster has gone haywire, as well as the head light operation. I've been gathering Data, watching videos, etc., & Studying a much as possible, so as to Test the circuits, grounds, plugs, connectors etc.

[Moderator edit]
user is referring to this topic: 2003 Express Body Control Module

Topic author
ChevyExpress2007

2007 CHevy Express G2500 Cargo Van

Post by ChevyExpress2007 »

Greetings Ya'll

Joined the group tonite, hoping to be able to get data about my Van that My Son & I are rebuilding.

I bought it wrecked, from an Auto/Truck repair shop that I do HVAC/Electrical Service work for, so once fully repaired the Title will not be Salvage

The Front end was wrecked, which required straightening the frame, & replacing the front end grill, bumper, head-light assemblies, etc.

We've done a tune-up, oil change, new brake fluid, radiator fluid, replaced the leaking oil cooler, etc.

Once we got to that point, all of a sudden, the Dash Cluster lights, gauges, etc., would rise & fall, & this fluctuation so far, is only at the Dash Cluster, & doesn't affect the lights, radio, etc. In fact, it stops, & returns to normal Op, when the brake pedal is pushed. I'm hoping that all this is, is a ground not connected, or weak. And, between My Work, & My Son's Work, I've only been able to work on this Van about 10 hours a week.

I've been doing a lot of Research, watching videos from "Eric the Car Guy", "Scannerdanner", & many more, as well as studying up on Voltage Drop, Ground locations etc.

What I really need are Wiring diagrams for this Van.

Can anyone provide me a "Link", or PDF, etc?

Thanks in Advance!

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: 2007 CHevy Express G2500 Cargo Van

Post by MountainManJoe »

Hello Mr. ChevyExpress2007

regarding the BCM pinout you asked about: You should find the correct diagram for your model year, but I don't think your instrument panel problems are being cause by the BCM.

Electrical schematics for all 2006+ GM light duty trucks, vans and commercial vehicles can be found on gmupfitter.com

In order for us to help you better, you should provide more details about your problem. Please describe in detail exactly which lights and gauges are malfunctioning and how. Thanks.