2004 Express - turn signal troubleshooting

Headlights, signals, brake lamps, courtesy and dome lights, etc.

Topic author
MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

2004 Express - turn signal troubleshooting

Post by MountainManJoe »

Turn Signal/Hazard Lamps

The IGN E 10 A fuse in the underhood fuse block supplies battery positive voltage to the turn signal switch assembly. Ground for the hazard switch is from G302. The FLASHER 15 A fuse in the underhood fuse block supplies battery positive voltage to the turn/hazard flasher module. When the turn signal switch is placed in either the left or right position, a voltage signal is completed from the turn signal switch to the turn/hazard flasher module. When the hazard flasher switch is activated, a ground signal is completed from the hazard switch to the turn/hazard flasher module. The turn/hazard flasher module then sends an on-off voltage signal to the appropriate turn signal lamps, or to all turn signal lamps for hazard operation through these fuses:

DR TRN MIR, in the body fuse block
PASS TRN MIR, in the body fuse block
LR STOP/TRN, in the body fuse block, and in the underhood fuse block for RPO UY7
RR STOP/TRN, in the body fuse block, and in the underhood fuse block for RPO UY7
LR TURN in the underhood fuse block
RR TURN in the underhood fuse block
LT DRL/TRN in the underhood fuse block
RT DRL/TRN in the underhood fuse block

The audio chime is also activated when the turn signals are on. When the hazard switch is pressed, all turn signal lamps will flash including both IPC turn indicators. The front turn signals are grounded at G100 and G101. The rear turn signals are grounded at G401 and 402. The mirror turn signals are grounded through a splice pack at G347.
Attachments
flasher.gif
signal.gif

Topic author
MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: 2004 Express - turn signal troubleshooting

Post by MountainManJoe »

replacing the flasher module
  1. Remove the left knee bolster bracket. Refer to Knee Bolster Bracket Replacement - Left in Instrument Panel, Gages, and Console.
  2. Remove the turn / hazard flasher (2) from the Instrument Panel (I/P) Support.
  3. Disconnect the electrical connector (1).
  4. Remove the turn / hazard flasher (2).
Attachments
flashermodule.gif