Need a mechanic near Lake Havasu Arizona

General Discussion
( Please do not post help questions here )

Topic author
TigerMary
I am merely driving my van

Need a mechanic near Lake Havasu Arizona

Post by TigerMary »

Hi all. I'm a new member with a 1991Tiger GT camping van. My vehicle broke down in the desert and is making some pretty bad engine noises. Can anyone recommend a knowledgeable Astro mechanic in this area?

Briefly, I heard an unusual noise and brought it into a mechanic in Lake Havasu. They replaced the idler pulley and tensioner, but the noise was still there. I drove it about three hours in the desert and it wouldn't start. If I waited a little while, it would start but would only go about a half a block. A mechanic in 29 Palms replaced the fuel relay and distributor and it now starts and runs but sounds awful. I don't feel comfortable running it above 40 miles an hour.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Need a mechanic near Lake Havasu Arizona

Post by MountainManJoe »

Welcome to the forum.

The closest mechanic I've heard of is in Las Vegas:
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/jay-r-mechanic-las-vegas-3
Or mobile mechanics such as:
https://imyourmechaniclv.com

Not sure why you posted this in the "Exhaust Systems" section. I'll move it to General.
Best of luck.

Topic author
TigerMary

Re: Need a mechanic near Lake Havasu Arizona

Post by TigerMary »

Thanks Joe. I was actually in the general topics area when I posted it, I'm not sure why it ended up in exhaust systems either. But I've been stuck in Lake Havasu City waiting for parts for two weeks and I would surely like to find a good mechanic in the Vegas area. Thanks again.