Radiator Support Swap

General technical discussion and troubleshooting

Topic author
I am merely driving my van

Radiator Support Swap

Post by 001 »

Does anyone have a directory if the combinations available for swapping the nose pieces and inner radiator support and bumper pieces 1971-1996?

WoodButcher
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Radiator Support Swap

Post by WoodButcher »

Welcome,
I really don't understand your question, are you looking to swap noses, same years, same style or swap from first to second generations?
You see the 1985 -'94 are first gen, '95 - '02 are considered second and third is 03'- to '05.
'95 - '05 are the same body style throughout but some of the running gear changed.
Second gen noses have been swapped to first gen vans and documented on this site.

one I found, front end conversion(older van----newer clip)
'93 Safari shorty, 350 swap
'05 Astro AWD, lifted, 6 liter, cammed, ported and programmed for fast.
'69 G10, straight 6, 3 onatree, jumped at me when I had a pocketful of cash looking for a spare astro. :)

Topic author

Post by 001 »

Hi Wood butcher. Thank you for your reply. The link you sent I believe is for the astro vans. Looking for full interchangeability directory of all g series 1971 to 1996 of the nose pieces. For example, some have single headlights some have dual headlights stacked on top of each other some have dual headlights horizontally. Then there's the issue of the bumpers the earlier ones have a smaller bumper, the later ones have the larger bumper. So I'm looking for an expert opinion for example if you have a 1978 nose, to swap towards a 1990 body. Or if not all the pieces were present what could you use to make it work. A full directory of the parts interchange would be helpful so a user can find the pieces as they are able to make something work for themselves.

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by MountainManJoe »

001 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:12 pmLooking for full interchangeability directory of all g series 1971 to 1996 of the nose pieces.
That would have been helpful to know at the beginning. Please make sure you provide all relevant information with your question. Thanks.
Moving your question to the G-van section.

WoodButcher
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by WoodButcher »

Ahah! I see now, I thought you were after astro info. It is one of the mods I've given serious consideration for my '93.
I had an '87 Beauville model w/ the stacked headlights and chrome grill. It was beautiful compared to the base model w/ a single sealed beam so I can understand your hunt.
Here is another site you could check, maybe you'll have better luck with the search function than I did.
https://www.vanning.com/
Or wrecking yards I know used to keep that kind of info, try asking at your local pick 'n pull.
'93 Safari shorty, 350 swap
'05 Astro AWD, lifted, 6 liter, cammed, ported and programmed for fast.
'69 G10, straight 6, 3 onatree, jumped at me when I had a pocketful of cash looking for a spare astro. :)