AC blowing warm air

HVAC, heating, cooling, air handling. Anything air temp related.

Topic author
issyfish
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

AC blowing warm air

Post by issyfish »

I have a 2003 astro, my A/C isn't working, it's blowing warm air and has been for a few years. I recharged it and that didn't help. So I replaced the compressor, and the high pressure switch and it has made no differance. Someone else told me to try the A/C pressure in cycle switch, so I changed that and it still is blowing warm air. I'm not sure what to try next.

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: AC blowing warm air

Post by MountainManJoe »

Welcome to the forum.

Are the evaporator lines getting cold?
You could just have a stuck air mixture door.

Bret Schmerker
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: AC blowing warm air

Post by Bret Schmerker »

:-k I've an M11006 with an otherwise fully-functioning climate control system, notwithstanding a breached refrigerant line (thus the pulled compressor fuse) and a compromised fan-speed switch. Is your climate control system holding refrigerant (not the case for me)? If so, check for a blown compressor fuse (10A, in the Power-Distribution Center outboard o' the steering). Notwithstanding the down refrigeration, are all modes (viz., A/C, Bi-Level, Vent, Heat, Mix, Defrost) working? If not, ye may have a breached vacuum line; I upgraded my control line to 3/16" fuel hose on the engine side o' the firewall.
1997 GMC M11006 (Safari SLE, 2WD, V6-4300/4L60-E/7.625" 3.73:1 open)
Acquired Jul 2018 / In service Sep 2018 - Nov 2022 / down due leaky valve(s) #5 cyl.