Mirror Wiring Info Needed

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
VanGeorge
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Mirror Wiring Info Needed

Post by VanGeorge »

I removed stock mirrors from my 2005 Astro and installed the larger extendable truck mirrors. Another member already did this with write up and Pictures...Thank You to him! It was a Great help!
The stock mirrow wiring is... one side it is Red Blue Purple and the other side is Green Blue and Yellow.

The truck mirror has two wiring harnesses, (one for mirror and one for the trun signsals in the mirrors and I don't know which is whick.

One harness has Three wires...black Black and Blue

The second harness has Four wires Black Yellow Red Green

Can Anyone help with this?

I don't care if the turn signal aror works but I do need to control my mirrors from the drivers seat like the stock OEM's were.

Thanks,

VanGeorge

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Mirror Wiring Info Needed

Post by MountainManJoe »

Please make sure you post questions in the correct section. I will move your topic to Astro>Body>Exterior for you this time.

Mirrors:

driver
up/down: green
left/right:blue

passenger
up/down: purple
left/right: grey

common: yellow

As for your replacement mirrors, you'll have to look for stamped info, read included documentation, ask the seller, or look up schematics for the truck they are designed for.

MountainManJoe
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Mirror Wiring Info Needed

Post by MountainManJoe »

If you let me know which truck the mirrors came out of (or which truck the are for), then I'll try to track down some info.