When you go camping.

A place to discuss all activities related to the Great Outdoors & Camping

Jersey John
I am smitten with my van

Re: When you go camping.

Post by Jersey John »

I have a mattress from a old fold out sofa that I used to use in my full size van for weekend adventure's. Was alittle more cmfortable than an air bed but harder to store. I will have to see if it will fit in Mr. Cooper. :-k
95 GMC Safari SLX "Mr. Cooper" (as my kids call it)

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

LiftedAWDAstro wrote:We started with a tent... used that for many years. We the bought a 2006 Jayco Select 12HW pop-up. Used that for 1 year and then the dealer made us a good deal on a new 2007 Jayco Jay Feather 232 hybrid camper. Then I had to buy a new tow rig...LOL.
We were looking at the 12 and 14 foot Jayco HW at an RV show. We actually looked at a lots of hard-sides/hybrids/5ers as well, but we need a king size bed, and the only things that seem to come with those are Popups. So at this point if we upgrade our 10' Jayco, it looks like a Highwall is our preference.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

You will LOVE the HW. Just not having to fold up the sink and/or stove is awesome. Plus the HW comes with an oven, large fridge, microwave, queen bed at the back end and the king up front. They are definitely an very nice camper. Also the 14HW is the 2008 model, upgraded from the 12HW
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

That was what we thought when we saw it. After going through many many hardsides of one sort or other, we walked into the highwall and immediately liked it. The nice thing with the 14' Jayco is that it has a hard sided shower as well.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

Fire Cakes
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Fire Cakes »

Rileysowner wrote:That was what we thought when we saw it. After going through many many hardsides of one sort or other, we walked into the highwall and immediately liked it. The nice thing with the 14' Jayco is that it has a hard sided shower as well.
Yeah we noticed that as well too. I am not sure if I would like having to tear down that wall and door each time and set it up too. It will add to the set up/tear down time. However, I did like that it wasn't just a curtain around the bunkends where if it wasn't pulled tight the bunkend would get wet.

Our 12HW came without the bathroom option and we opted out of it for more room and seating and storage. I am not sure if the 14HW has that option. I don't think it does.
Gearing up for another great camping season :) Camper is re packed and ready to roll.

The 2012 camping season has begun!!!!!!!!
Camping Trip Count for 2011 - 2
Camping Nights Count for 2011 - 4

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

We have a hard sided bathroom in out Trailmanor, adds maybe 3 mins to the setup, not sure about the Jayco. Ours has basically two walls to set up, the one pulls up and the side wall is hinged to it, the you pulled up the front wall, then 3 clips and they are all togther including door....we love it. After having popups, I will never get a camper with canvas again. nice thing about our trailmanor is, you can setup/close in the rain with no leaks and not having to worry about opening up to dry out later like a popup or hybrid. Too bad they are so expensive tough.