Power Steering configuration

ANYTHING TO DO WITH SWAPPING A V8 OR DIESEL INTO THE ASTRO/SAFARI

Topic author
Xephius
I get chills without my van.

Power Steering configuration

Post by Xephius »

Hey guys,

I wanted to see how everyone else has configured their power steering pump setup. As far as I can tell, the high pressure hose goes from the pump, to the steering block, then to the hydro-booster. At the Hydro-booster there are appears to be 2 outputs. One with a high pressure fitting and one low pressure fitting.
The stock Astro PS pump has a normal inlet and outlet and what appears to be a "fill". The new PS pump only has high out and low in. Given that, I wanted to see what other have done and what suggestions I can get. Thanks.
-=John=-
1995 Chevy Panel Wagon - Stillen Body Kit, 3" Drop, Rear Sway Bar, Billet Grille, 18" Wheels with Yokohama Wrappers. LT1- .060 Hyper Pistons, Blueprinted and balanced, all ARP, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6:1 SS roller rockers, 52mm TB, Elderbrock Headers, PCM Tuned with LT4 Knock Module, Aeromotive AFPR, 2800 Stall, Hardened 4L60E, Posi 3.72:1 Diff
Getting:
100HP Shot Zex Wet Nitrous Kit.... Why? If you have to ask, you won't understand....

mikedamech
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Power Steering configuration

Post by mikedamech »

Hey Zephius, I am working on my van right now, the front is in the air so I will wait to do the final measuring for later. The pressure line leaving the pump from the Caprice Wgn. goes under the engine and goes almost up to the gear but it goes into the Hydro-boost unit, right side. A pressure line leaves the left side Hydro-boost to the right inlet on the gear. The left side outlet on the gear goes to the cooler, cooler to small inlet to the reservoir. I mounted my Astro reservoir to the right side of the cowling.
98 Astro with a 95 LT1
94 Astro stock w/Flo master.