clock wont turn off

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH ANYTHING RELATED TO OBD-1 AND OBD-2, SECURITY, AUDIO AND VIDEO SYSTEMS, PLACE THEM HERE. USE THIS FORUM FOR SES LIGHTS, RPO CODES, FACTORY OPTIONS ETC.

Topic author
rab2009
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

clock wont turn off

Post by rab2009 »

Not sure if this is a very stupid question. but got a 1994 safari a bit ago a just curently fixed it. but when the car gets turned off the clock display stays on. Am i just being very stupid and not hitting a button or is there something wrong.

Jersey John
I am smitten with my van

Re: clock wont turn off

Post by Jersey John »

:-k Me thinks it does stay on, factory radio?
95 GMC Safari SLX "Mr. Cooper" (as my kids call it)

potskie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by potskie »

Mines been doing that for the last week or so except the stereo stays on too lol. Mine turned out to be the stereo it'self but one thing I figured out while it was being all funky was that if I pressed the power button on the stereo it would turn off clock and all. Try that untill you can get behind it with a multi meter and test the wire from the ignition to make sure it's going on and off at the appropriate spots when you're turning the key.
Image 98 Safari RWD. Stock.
Do you smell what Barack is cookin ?!?!

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Not sure if this is a very stupid question. but got a 1994 safari a bit ago a just curently fixed it. but when the car gets turned off the clock display stays on. Am i just being very stupid and not hitting a button or is there something wrong.
No, you aren't stupid at all but will tell ya this,,I wish my life was such that I could know I had a clock in my vehicle and to know if the light stayed on or not would really be a plus. To know or not to know is where I want to be. That will tell me I have solved all my issues and completed all projects that my wife has lined up that should last until the second coming of Christ. :muhaha:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words