5.7 Block

ANYTHING TO DO WITH SWAPPING A V8 OR DIESEL INTO THE ASTRO/SAFARI

Topic author
Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

5.7 Block

Post by Rebel »

Wonder what buying a 5.7 roller block means ? :-k
Why why why ???? I really don't like Ebay but this block was so close and for 50 bocks I couldn't pass it up. Seems all the other 5.7 bare blocks were going for 150.00 to 200.00.
Wonder what I'll tell Susan ? Easter gift,,that's it,,,won't work. I'll come up with something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrole ... dZViewItem
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: 5.7 Block

Post by peter »

Man, I'd hate to be you......

I just bought a mini-Uzi, haven't yet told the ball'n chain. I'm wondering if she'd notice..... :muhaha:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Wish I had bought the uzi instead,,Susan loves any kind of gun.lol
Good luck when the news breaks bud.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

peter
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by peter »

You'll prolly read about it in the news :muhaha: :muhaha:
"Just keep swimming..."
97' 4wd Safari
ZZ 502 Ramjet
4"L"80E/NP241C
Ford 9"

Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither
inclined nor determined to commit crimes".
- Thomas Jefferson

91AWDAstro
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by 91AWDAstro »

Hmm, just tell her it was on sale and you saved $$$. That's what mine would tell me when she would bring home something new that she didn't realy need.

:prayer:

Larry,

I bought the 350 for my astro off Ebay. $140 delivered to my door. You just can't pass up a good deal. I :heart: Ebay. I also picked up a 1990 3.8L fully dressed motor 0 miles for my Trofeo a few years back. I couldn't believe no one else wanted it. The damn injectors are worthh that much and more. Good find! Too bad it won't fit in an easter
---------
I don't understand all I know about that.
----------
Chris
91AWD 350
and a bunch of other wrecks...

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Yea Chris,,it seems there are times there is just no one looking. You know at that particular time or something, just don't know. There were, I think 191 hits on that block,,strange.

Anyway,,taking you up on fitting it in an Easter basket. :muhaha:

VIDEO

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

At least peter can defend himself when the ball&chain go off. Larry, You're DONE!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

dunedog
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by dunedog »

Smiliesafari wrote:At least peter can defend himself when the ball&chain go off. Larry, You're DONE!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/
You haven't met Libby :muhaha:
1999 LS AWD 3" Lift,4.10's,Snowplow,9500lb Ramsey winch

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Good news,,the guy decided to let the auction continue instead of selling the one block for 50 bucks so looks like I'll be able to keep my head in tact. Now there probably won't be any other bids and I'll wind up with the thing anyway and have to move in to the Tramper. ](*,)

VIDEO

reaper
I sleep in my van

Post by reaper »

Rebel wrote:Wonder what buying a 5.7 roller block means ? :-k
Why why why ???? I really don't like Ebay but this block was so close and for 50 bocks I couldn't pass it up. Seems all the other 5.7 bare blocks were going for 150.00 to 200.00.
Wonder what I'll tell Susan ? Easter gift,,that's it,,,won't work. I'll come up with something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrole ... dZViewItem
Tell the wife your building it for a friend,When time passes tell her he never paid up,so your keeping it.
:^o
90 Astro Cargo V-8
90 Artro RS - V-8 Now running!
& a bunch of tractors
"there's nothing like a V-8 Polluting the Environment"

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

Rebel wrote:Good news,,the guy decided to let the auction continue instead of selling the one block for 50 bucks so looks like I'll be able to keep my head in tact. Now there probably won't be any other bids and I'll wind up with the thing anyway and have to move in to the Tramper. ](*,)

Ahhhhhh,Larry-you want one of us to bid against ya and save your Ba$$ huh. [-o< [-o<

Let me think about it for a min.

Well after careful consideration and talking to DR Phil about how this purchase would effect you as far as the standing with the wifey.

We decided-NOT!!!!!!!. :yawinkle: :muhaha: :muhaha:
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Larry, I blew up that picture and brightened it up also, so that we can all see what you are gonna bid on.

`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

GEJ

Post by GEJ »

The picture is not very good on this puter.Larry,what you see??.
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Tell the wife your building it for a friend,When time passes tell her he never paid up,so your keeping it.

The only issue with this block is that it has been bored 30 and think he said it needs 10 to clean up because it's been stored so long and has rust. I'm not real thrilled with a late model block with a total bore of 40.
The lifter bores bother me on the other block, guy says they can clean up but I'm not sure,,looks pretty bad to me.

Gary, thanks for the thought but we'll wait and see how this goes.

Darren,,thanks for clearing up that pic for me. Appreciate that.

VIDEO