LEAKS !

FROM STOCK TO WILD, BRAKE ISSUES AND UPGRADES GO HERE.

ryanhettenbach
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by ryanhettenbach »

skippy wrote:Scott , i don't know how much difference there is between your 96 & my 88 when it comes to fuel lines but mine were leaking because of rust . & all the connections where rubber line met metal line were so rusted that they were never coming apart . so what i did was gut all the fuel lines from the firewall back . I replaced them all with metal break line including the filter . it wasnt to bad of a job , just a little custom bending around where the fuel filter was . Then connected on both ends with a new rubber fuel line & some clamps . (at the tank & the firewall)
I'm pretty sure the 96 uses a multi-port injection that uses higher fuel pressure. If so, you can't use simple rubber hose and clamps like you can on the TBI.
+1 reasons why it's better to own a TBI vehicle.
1989 Cargo 5spd. Fiberglass Roof.
2002 AWD LS, white

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

ryanhettenbach wrote:
skippy wrote:Scott , i don't know how much difference there is between your 96 & my 88 when it comes to fuel lines but mine were leaking because of rust . & all the connections where rubber line met metal line were so rusted that they were never coming apart . so what i did was gut all the fuel lines from the firewall back . I replaced them all with metal break line including the filter . it wasnt to bad of a job , just a little custom bending around where the fuel filter was . Then connected on both ends with a new rubber fuel line & some clamps . (at the tank & the firewall)
I'm pretty sure the 96 uses a multi-port injection that uses higher fuel pressure. If so, you can't use simple rubber hose and clamps like you can on the TBI.
+1 reasons why it's better to own a TBI vehicle.
Yup, the fuel pressure would be the problem with trying that fix Skippy. #-o
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/