Turn Signal Switch

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH ANYTHING RELATED TO OBD-1 AND OBD-2, SECURITY, AUDIO AND VIDEO SYSTEMS, PLACE THEM HERE. USE THIS FORUM FOR SES LIGHTS, RPO CODES, FACTORY OPTIONS ETC.

Topic author
BillHarris
I am merely driving my van

Turn Signal Switch

Post by BillHarris »

The past couple of weeks when I activate or cancel the turn signal (right or left) the windshield wipers will wipe one sweep. This happens once every couple of days, not too frequently, but I figure that the wipers may end up dying in a heavy thunderstorm.

I'm planning to tear into the turn/wiper/etc switch in the steering column in a couple of days, but I thought I'd get some feedback before starting. Namely, can the turn/wiper/etc switch be repaired or should I plan to replace it?

I've worked on this type of assembly before, but never on an Astro-Safari.

1992 GMC Safari, BTW

--Bill
1992 GMC Safari XT, 4.3L TBI with "Z" engine, 88K miles when adopted.

Acquired May 2005: "used but not abused".

Near Jasper, AL

wagonmaster
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: Turn Signal Switch

Post by wagonmaster »

Check the controller on the wiper motor before doing anything with the switch..... They have a habit of going out and making the wipers intermittant.
Joe

Freedom isn't Free!
My cars/trucks and bikes on http://www.picturetrail.com/wagonmaster55

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

How bout it Bill Harris from around Jasper. Where is around Jasper ?
Oh yea,,good luck with the turn signal. Never had to get in there before but probably need to,,mine does the same thing but hasn't made the list yet.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
BillHarris

Post by BillHarris »

I'll probably end up bitin' the biulet and replacing the switch instead of trying to repair it. The van in my current daily driver and I'm tryin to do it as easily/cheaply as possible...

Thanks,

--Bill
1992 GMC Safari XT, 4.3L TBI with "Z" engine, 88K miles when adopted.

Acquired May 2005: "used but not abused".

Near Jasper, AL