an electrical problem in my heat/ac circut

Radiator, thermostat, water pump, antifreeze, etc.

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

an electrical problem in my heat/ac circut

Post by skippy »

this is in debbys 96 astro stock, i went through the whole circut today to find out why her blower motor quit working ,only to find the motor was shot . after i replaced it i also noticed that it only works on medium . no high no low speeds at all. there is an electrical connector below the motor & behind the washer bottle & engine coolant bottle that the fan connection comes from .i believe thats where my problem is but can't be 100% sure. i am willing to replace it to find out , if i knew what to call it when i go to the parts store !!!!

the only thing i'm seeing in the wiring diagrams is a resistor , but thats not what this looks like , theres to many wires coming from it . anybody with an idea , or know what i'm talking about ?????
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Topic author
skippy
I sleep in my van

Re: an electrical problem in my heat/ac circut

Post by skippy »

thanx anyways guys , i found it . its a blower motor relay & resistor pack .

autozone part # DR779

http://www.autozone.com/Ntt,dr779/shopp ... esults.htm

on a side note .....can you friggin believe that the control panel with the 3 switches is all 1 piece & has to be replaced that way ???? unreal... i can imagine what that baby goes for !!!
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: an electrical problem in my heat/ac circut

Post by Rileysowner »

I had a similar problem and it was caused by the plastic selector switch cover that had cracked along the post. It looked fine, felt fine, but would not change the blower speeds. I spent a lot of time looking for the problem, only to find a very inexpensive switch handle would fix it.
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/