daytime running lights

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH ANYTHING RELATED TO OBD-1 AND OBD-2, SECURITY, AUDIO AND VIDEO SYSTEMS, PLACE THEM HERE. USE THIS FORUM FOR SES LIGHTS, RPO CODES, FACTORY OPTIONS ETC.

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: daytime running lights

Post by crash »

yep... that's the little bugger i had out.. and put back in .. LOL
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

vans owned: Image
97 Astro AWD (selling by summer .. i think) SOLD
99 Astro LS Sept 08 ASV VOM
94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT
96 Astro LT AWD * parts van*

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Post by Astrophysics »

Good info James on the DRL diode location diagram. Be careful the sheet metal bracket may have sharp edges.

These days GM dealers are very helpfull over the phone etc to give out the diagrams

our USA car companies need or support.
all the weathly liberals driving foreign cars is not helping the USA

tell Obama to tell people to buy Chevy or Ford to give us all and economic stimulus

SAVE the US car industry !

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

gnarli.. did you ever resolve your DRL issue?

sorry to bring this one back from the dead but I think it has some very good info in it.. possibly sticky worthy?

I was at the wrecker grabbing a few parts for the B2200 and finally remembered to grab a DRL diode. within about 10 min of arriving back home my 99 had DRL's where it never had in the years that I've owned it. YAY!! if i get a chance tonight, I'll post a pic of the actual part and location.

on question that i didn't see asked of gnarli: does the green DRL indicator on your dash still light up?
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT

Topic author
GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

i had my van garaged for about a month, its first garage time ever!! after that time they worked for about a week until the next time it rained, which leads me to believe its a moisture issue, but i have stopped really caring, so no i have not. i drive my truck more and am in the process of finding another truck also, then i may do some work on my van again, if i ever find time.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

till
I am merely driving my van

Post by till »

After reading through this thread, it looks wrapped up. So if I may.... I saw the picture of the diode location. It is the "B" pillar.... Drivers side??? I plan on check the relay, but if I have to go for a diode swap, I would like a little more information before I start taking things apart. I have a Haynes manual for the basics.
Thanks in advance!
Tedd ILL
2000 Astro LS (4th owner starting at 152000)
Easy does when driving a dumpster with a steering wheel.

crash
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by crash »

till wrote:After reading through this thread, it looks wrapped up. So if I may.... I saw the picture of the diode location. It is the "B" pillar.... Drivers side??? I plan on check the relay, but if I have to go for a diode swap, I would like a little more information before I start taking things apart. I have a Haynes manual for the basics.
Thanks in advance!
Hi till

correct, B pillar, drivers side

it's very simple and easy. the hard part is getting off the plastic panels off the pillar lol just pay attention to how they overlap each other. it's tight because of the location and drivers seat. then getting your hand in to the pillar to access the nut that holds the diode in place is very tight, but simple. once the nut is off, there usually is enough slack wire to pull it out of the pillar to unplug the connector and plug in the replacement DRL diode. try your lights before putting everything back together.
Rob Image

current rides:
04 Mazda 6 V6 5spd

94 Astro LT
93 Astro LT

till

Post by till »

Thanks Crash! I plan on pulling the relay and bench testing it. I hope it is the relay, pulling the covers on the B pillar does not look fun. It is hard getting back into working on my own cars again. This board is great!!
Tedd ILL
2000 Astro LS (4th owner starting at 152000)
Easy does when driving a dumpster with a steering wheel.