Installing power windows?

ANYTHING FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT TO REPLACING A DASH PANEL

Topic author
pengyou
I finally get the smurf thing

Installing power windows?

Post by pengyou »

Is it easy/possible to install power windows on the front two doors when they originally came with cranks? I am constantly driving to new places and getting lost in the process, so it is really useful to be able to open the passengers window to talk to people :poke:
New owner of a 1996 Astro named "Plain Jane" - stock right now - with 200,000 miles on it and running like a champ

blk lt awd
I sleep in my van

Re: Installing power windows?

Post by blk lt awd »

it is possible and there are kits available to do this.........they aren't all that cheap and do require a bit of work to get them into there......
1995 Black LT AWD
2000 Ninja ZX-6R
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege (spicy)
1961 Impala...gone but not forgotten.

http://www.propertystation.ca/

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Should be a bolt in if you get all of the stock stuff from a salvage yard. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

TheChopFather
Retired
Retired

Post by TheChopFather »

I went to the jy and removed the motors and mechanisim a as much harness as I could and the drivers side switch its all bolt in now and I installed the drivers switch in the dash in the center of the van.... the hardest part was getting those rivets out at the jy you know no grinders allowed cost me 50 bucks plus some wire and screws to remount them
ISN'T HE SO SEXY IN HIS PRETTY WHITE DRESS???LOL

Topic author
pengyou

Post by pengyou »

Thanks!
New owner of a 1996 Astro named "Plain Jane" - stock right now - with 200,000 miles on it and running like a champ

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

The rivots are aluminum. A good sharp chisel and a hammer will make short work of them. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

GEJ
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by GEJ »

pengyou wrote:Thanks!

Surely to help you in the best possible way is the thought behind this post.When you do get to working on your van,start a list of "core concerns" you want to start and finsh first.Surely these vans have run way beyond 200,000 miles,but you don't want to be in a position owning a van with really nice rims/tires,overhead counsel,stereo,high top cut in and installed,electric windows,etc and have a power train in need of attentsion.I would think it is in your best interest to attack those core issues first to have a building block that you can reasonabitly(sp) expect to keep long term.Then go about doing whatever changes you you want after that.I surely enjoy reading about all the things you have thought of for your Astro and it seems how much you are excited about the van.Very cool.My two cents is to have you temper that with the above.

Gary
Call me Gary

1985 Astro-"Ole Yellar"
1994 LT Astro
1981 Winnebago-"Baby"
12'dual axle enclosed trailer
The vendor trailer

Lead with my heart & take the hits because of it like a man.

Topic author
pengyou

Post by pengyou »

wuuuuuuu... :cheers:

Wise words Yes, I am trying to make a list and prioritize it. I would really like to do the diesel swap soon...just have to wait for the $$$