Post photos, video of your van

Topic author
astrosafari
I finally get the smurf thing

chevy for lifee! <3

Post by astrosafari »

hey guys/girls. whats up?
the old 95 is a hurtin unit.
my dad started searchin around for a parts van... well he found one for $400..
only thing is, its in way better shape then the 95. so my dad is driving the "parts van" instead haha. its got less miles (200,000 kms), less rust, less dents.. less of a lot of things. but it is older. its a 93. runs mint, little bit of rust, its hard to shift from park into N, R, [D], D, 1, 2, and back to park. its just real stiff. there might be something wrong with one of the brakes but thats it..
the 95 however...
312,000 kms
rotted out
rear diff is pretty much pooched
no rear suspension left what so ever
front bumper heald on with a bunjee cord
not much left of the fan shroud
back doors wont open
slider wont close
missing a mirror
never got a round to getting the other new tire on the back pass. side, its pretty bald.. (atleast the rims all match now!!)
theres a lot wrong with it. but it still runs like a champ!
im thinkin ill get it off my dad since he says its pretty much junk, ill throw a few bucks into it and drive it till it will no longer go. (:

PICS!!!

Old (95)
New (93)
both

(:
91 blazer|00 extreme|99 winter beater

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: chevy for lifee! <3

Post by Cobra »

you mean drive it till the MTO pulls you off the road right....
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

hey i said id spend a few bucks... :poke:

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

might be gettin another van soon. a for real parts van this time, from my cousin..
they have had it since 1994, and its a 92. it just sits by the road now. its got rotted fuel lines, but theres alot of good things on it. gas tank, and fuel pump are only a year old, there's a whole set of new brakes still in the boxes that were going to be put on, but they never got around to it.
it started right up today after sitting for 2 months, the rear leaf springs look pretty mint too.
its got a mirror, and probably alot of other things i could use,
they only want $250, but the body is pretty rotten.
i found a few doors for an astro and the guy only wants $25 a door. i only need a slider. so this is lookin good.
updates when things happen (:

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

any one remember that beast? haha thought id put a pic for fun :p
heres a little update...
i got another parts van for $250. drove it home..
then i pulled the leaf springs and gas tank, and a few other little things i needed..
me astro is sittin on jack stands in the garage. i work on it once in a while. leaf springs are swapped. just a need a few more things. then the gas tank goes in. need to replace some fuel lines..

im workin full time at a body shop now as an apprentice. one of the employees had a heart attack and passed away on friday. he was an awesome guy, and very good at what he did. there was a blazer sitting in front of the shop for sale, it has been sitting there for about 9 months. they wanted $1200 for it, but the guy needed cash and agreed on $500. it needs rockers and tires and its good to go. :p that van will sit in the garage and slowly get worked on,. :)

GnarliSafari
I sleep in my van

Post by GnarliSafari »

well sounds like all your time spent both here and tinkering on your vans has payed off, congrats!! my first love was always square/small body blazers looks like a nice little truck. sorry about your loss! take care of yourself Corey.
99 SLT Safari AWD, G80/GT4 rear, Burgundy, 196,000 and counting (strictly AMSOIL) flowmaster 40series muffler no more cat, K&N Kone Filter, roll pan, 255/60/15 rubbers mounted to 15x8.5 inch American Racing Tailgunner wheels, billet grille, CB Radio, Alpine Deck, Shag carpet, the list goes on....
03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, LB7 Duramax Diesel, 5 speed Allison Tranny, Crew Cab Long Bed, no muffler or cat, 4 inch turbo back and side piped. not too many other mods yet, also addicted to AMSOIL.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Who could forget the 1st Corey ( with an E ) van,LOL. Good to hear your working as an apprentice, can never go wrong learning a trade :supz:

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

+1 Congrats on the job..... learn all you can.
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Rebel
I plan to be buried in my van
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Good deal Corey. Sounds as if things are picking up for ya.
As for the BEAST, how could we forget the van you cut your teeth on. :muhaha:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

haha. thanks for the replies (:

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

little update... been slowly workin away at the 95. almost had it runnin today :bounce: change a few things and it should be goin.. the blazer is sittin at the body shop slowly gettin a complete overhaul (: i only work on it after work and weekends if i ever decide to go to work on the weekend that is... i think it may end up being dodge viper blue or something like that.

a few weeks ago, i spun a bearing in my dads 92 astro. so today he went and got a 96 f-150 short box manual 4spd. its got a few rust spots, but it was a good price and my dad has been wanting a truck for a while now, so why not. if i had pics id post em, you guys know that.. hehe.

work has been goin good, im learning alot and gettin good at it. since i have been there (a little longer then a year) there have been about 10 different employees hired and fired, so i think im doin something right haha.

well thats about it for now. . . Laterrr

Topic author
astrosafari

Post by astrosafari »

ehh. little update on my truck. its been in the body shop for the past 4 months. i been slowly workin away at it. the boss lets me use what ever i want in the shop. he thinks if i got enough work into it, ill respect it a bit.
so far, new rockers on both sides, new/used pass. side door, new lower quarters behind the rear wheels on both sides, got the floor all patched up, 3 new body mounts, new hood, new gas tank, new alt., patched up around the windsheild, shaved a few spots where there was some body lines i didnt like, got a new roll pan being modified to fit right now. all work done by me, 1st time ever doin most of this work. so far so good (: its in primer right now. currently fixin up some spots that needed some reworking. should be in the 1st coat of paint sometime in the next few weeks. gonna be black on the bottom, grey in the middle, and blue on top.
<pics from facebook>
i know its not a van. and we recently scrapped the vans we had, since i spun a bearing in my dads 92, and the 95 was just sitting rotting away.. 200 for both and away they went.. since i got a thread on here, why not add to it (:

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

The vans will come and go, you do what you have to. Good to see you are learning and applying that knowledge to you're own vehicle, keep the updates and pics coming. :cheers:

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by ihatemybike »

astrozam wrote:The vans will come and go,
I read this and thought, "Yet Grumpy will never die."
Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

ihatemybike wrote:
astrozam wrote:The vans will come and go,
I read this and thought, "Yet Grumpy will never die."
Well we certainly hope so Aaron, BUT...the odds are... LOL