Stickys

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

v8famvan wrote:
Thanks Zam for some more direction on what the responsibilities of a moderator are.

Along those lines, perhaps we could add some information like that into the FAQ on the main page? That 'link' is not activated, so... just an idea.
No problem James, Like I've said, if ya got a question or aren't quite sure just ask.

With regards to the FAQ link on the main pg, I don't know if Justice is aware of that or not, he'll most likely see this post and let us know, if not, I'll PM him about it, thanks

justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

yea, the FAQ link on the front page does not work because....

we currently do not have a FAQ #-o

When we have a FAQ, the link, it shall work :D

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

justice wrote:yea, the FAQ link on the front page does not work because....

we currently do not have a FAQ #-o

When we have a FAQ, the link, it shall work :D
LOL I see , the confusion lies in the fact that there is a phpbb FAQ but not an
A.S.B.B FAQ ( YET )

Topic author
BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

astrozam wrote:O.k guys your in, take a look in the Admin/Mods forum. Theres a post on transferring info over to the Backup Board ( B.B ) which you should read.
Okay Keith, maybe I'm NOT up for this challenge....I can even find the forum you're talking about. :-k

justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

the Admin/Mods forum is at the very bottom of the forum listings, you should be able to see it since you are a mod now..

It can only be seen by people with Admin access or moderator status.

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

BLAZER wrote:
astrozam wrote:O.k guys your in, take a look in the Admin/Mods forum. Theres a post on transferring info over to the Backup Board ( B.B ) which you should read.
Okay Keith, maybe I'm NOT up for this challenge....I can even find the forum you're talking about. :-k
I also must be blind, where exactly is the admin/mods forum? ](*,)
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

see my prevoius post :D..ummm hold on...technical error....

justice
I sleep in my van

Post by justice »

annnnd...fixed, you should be able to see and access the Admin/Mods forum now.

Rileysowner
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by Rileysowner »

Thanks for that. I was wondering if my eyes were starting to go. 8-[
"I have a torque wrench and I am not afraid to use it."
Jim
1997 GMC Safari RWD, Power Windows and Locks, 7 passenger, a/c, rear heat

http://rileysowner.blogspot.com/

Stro Owner-Luin
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Stro Owner-Luin »

I can help out in the photos section as I would like to say im a guru with photobucket/imageshack/etc.....
Luin Haden
Sparta, MO

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re:

Post by astroturf »

justice wrote:the Admin/Mods forum is at the very bottom of the forum listings, you should be able to see it since you are a mod now..

It can only be seen by people with Admin access or moderator status.
Is this (Admin/Mods forum) still active?

Thanks, Jim

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: Stickys

Post by astroturf »

astrozam wrote:The Van Maintenance Forums on this board are more for archiving important info transferred over from A.S and other places on the Web, or for people to write up there own How-to type of information which will benefit others, thats not to say that somebody cannot ask a question in one of the forums, but it does mean that once that person has gotten their answer, and if the information was not all that important ( or already archived ) then the post will soon be deleted.
This will keep the forums concise and easy to wade thru for the membership when they are looking for specific help, we all know how quickly the forums get sidetracked and Highjacked over at A.S, that is not going to be the case over here. If people want to chit chat and so on we do have several forums set up for that over here, they are...
General Discussion, Off topic, Anything goes, Welcome new Members.
Also, we have several functions in which to keep up to date on this board, they are...
View posts since last visit, View your posts, and View unanswered posts, with these three methods of finding posts quickly, there really won't be any need to go scouring thru the forums looking for new posts anymore.
Is this still the Mission/Operating Procedures of ASV?

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

astroturf wrote:
astrozam wrote:The Van Maintenance Forums on this board are more for archiving important info transferred over from A.S and other places on the Web, or for people to write up there own How-to type of information which will benefit others, thats not to say that somebody cannot ask a question in one of the forums, but it does mean that once that person has gotten their answer, and if the information was not all that important ( or already archived ) then the post will soon be deleted.
This will keep the forums concise and easy to wade thru for the membership when they are looking for specific help, we all know how quickly the forums get sidetracked and Highjacked over at A.S, that is not going to be the case over here. If people want to chit chat and so on we do have several forums set up for that over here, they are...
General Discussion, Off topic, Anything goes, Welcome new Members.
Also, we have several functions in which to keep up to date on this board, they are...
View posts since last visit, View your posts, and View unanswered posts, with these three methods of finding posts quickly, there really won't be any need to go scouring thru the forums looking for new posts anymore.
Is this still the Mission/Operating Procedures of ASV?
Where'd ya dig that ancient quote up Jim? lol....why that quote in particular?

astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

Well that was only one of my questions. There are two others. This question arose because, I was trying to find an answer/make a suggestion about the forum.

It is funny though that this being the third question, was addressed first.

Don't worry though. This section of the Forum does not appear on the Active Topics Page...

LOLz, Jim

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

astroturf wrote:It is funny though that this being the third question, was addressed first.
I don't always come across multiple questions in the exact order they were asked in Jim, however I think you now have an answer to ( what I think ) was your 2nd question :drinkers: