Stickys

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

Topic author
BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Stickys

Post by BLAZER »

One of my biggest complaints with AS.com was all the stickys in each of the different areas. In a coulple, you had to scroll almost the whole page before you got to new stuff.
Suggestion....seen this on another board and cleaned up the individual areas, make a "stickys/archived" area and shove all the stickied post in there, all info from all areas. Someone wants some old info, they only have one area to search.

Just my $.05.... $.01 for my thoughts, .01 fuel surcharge, .03 for inflation :D

Stro Owner-Luin
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by Stro Owner-Luin »

Can we get this post Stickied?

:)
Luin Haden
Sparta, MO

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Stickys

Post by astrozam »

BLAZER wrote:One of my biggest complaints with AS.com was all the stickys in each of the different areas. In a coulple, you had to scroll almost the whole page before you got to new stuff.
Suggestion....seen this on another board and cleaned up the individual areas, make a "stickys/archived" area and shove all the stickied post in there, all info from all areas. Someone wants some old info, they only have one area to search.

Just my $.05.... $.01 for my thoughts, .01 fuel surcharge, .03 for inflation :D
I understand exactly where your coming from on this Marty, however, there is a slight change to things over here, I'll explain.

The Van Maintenance Forums on this board are more for archiving important info transferred over from A.S and other places on the Web, or for people to write up there own How-to type of information which will benefit others, thats not to say that somebody cannot ask a question in one of the forums, but it does mean that once that person has gotten their answer, and if the information was not all that important ( or already archived ) then the post will soon be deleted.
This will keep the forums concise and easy to wade thru for the membership when they are looking for specific help, we all know how quickly the forums get sidetracked and Highjacked over at A.S, that is not going to be the case over here. If people want to chit chat and so on we do have several forums set up for that over here, they are...
General Discussion, Off topic, Anything goes, Welcome new Members.
Also, we have several functions in which to keep up to date on this board, they are...
View posts since last visit, View your posts, and View unanswered posts, with these three methods of finding posts quickly, there really won't be any need to go scouring thru the forums looking for new posts anymore.

Hope this answered your questions Marty, Keith

jakepatch
I get chills without my van.

Post by jakepatch »

So do you think that MAYBE we could get a sticky over here of the list of vehicles that have the same bolt pattern as our vans? I posted a list a LONG tima ago and AS>com, and I don't know how many times I have asked for this to be stickied, or how many times someone has asked this question. I really think this info should be stickied for people to see.(jumping off my soapbox now)

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Post by v8famvan »

I, for one will be watching how this topic plays out.
I did not mind the stickied post in the different sections - I though that was just the way it was done. Some of the information was in the TECH-INFO section. Is this kinda what you are refering to Marty?
What I did not like about the stickied post is all the 'useless' chatter that was on them. I mean, fine, ask a question on a sticky, then it should be cleaned up / compiled. Over on the A/S site check out the RPO thread & read the last post. I don't know Chris (dakleenupman) & have nothing against him, but why did he not follow thru? If he did, people would likely access that information.
BTW, that RPO code was lost in the last crash & I had to redo it. :toimonster:
Here on this website, I figured that is one of my 'jobs' as a moderator. Am I right? I posted in another thread on the A/S site what should be in the FAQ's page. One of the questions was what does a moderator do. There is some more explaination on this site. The word it's self explains some, but not all the responsibilities are clear.
I have no set way of doing things except the right & best way. So what ever is wanted here, will be.

Jake get that list together & post it here & it will get stickied ....... I think ..... if that is the way are going to do it ...... maybe you should talk to Someone. :-s
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

jakepatch wrote:So do you think that MAYBE we could get a sticky over here of the list of vehicles that have the same bolt pattern as our vans? I posted a list a LONG tima ago and AS>com, and I don't know how many times I have asked for this to be stickied, or how many times someone has asked this question. I really think this info should be stickied for people to see.(jumping off my soapbox now)
Jake, Do you know where the list is? or is it something that was lost ? The reason I ask is that I have no idea if its at A.S or not,
if it is and you can remember what the post title is, we should be able to find it, let me know

Having said that, if its important it will be stickied ( archived )

Topic author
BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

If the designed purpose for the van maintanence is basically for stickys, then fine, we can work with that. I just know it was a pain to go the next page on AS just to find the first new post, i.e the suspension section. I like stickys as it's a very easy way to find info, very helpful. Also, I ride the fence on the useless stuff. As long as the moderators keep it up to date , then great, clean them up, but as long as nothing useful is deleted. I agree that those sections can be just for the stickys/archived stuff, but you better make sure the mods are keeping up or it can get nasty, like somewhere else we know.
I also love the recent posts button. I seem to never have time to wade through stuff anymore so that is about the only way I surf any of the BB's anymore. That is a definite fav!

Oh, and who made the decision to let James ( V8famvan) be a moderator.....we are heading to @#$@ in a handbasket now!!!! O:) :D What next.....Trybe modding the AG section \:D/ HAHAHA, just kidding!

By the way, the whistling emoticon isn't working.

Found your info (I'm good for something occassionally)
JAKEPATCH
Astro/Safari's have a 5 on 5 bolt pattern for wheels, here is a list of other vehicles that do as well to the best of my knowledge. If anybody knows of others, feel free to add them to the list.
71-96 Buick SeSabre
77-78 Buick Riviera
71-96 Buick Roadmaster
68-94 Cadillac Brougham/Calias
68-88 Cadillac DeVille
77-79 Cadillac Seville
71-76 Chevy Belair/Biscayne
71-96 Chevy Caprice (HD)
94-96 Chevy Impala SS
88-98 Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton 2WD trucks
94-99 Chevy Suburban 2WD
95-99 Chevy Tahoe/Yukon 2WD
98-02 Chevy Savanna/Express vans
73-78 Ford Galaxie/Futura
99-01 Jeep Grand Cherokee
73-77 Mercury Cougar XR

Someone
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Someone »

Blazer I added your info to the wheel and tire section
'98 Mercedes E300 Turbo Diesel
'89 4Runner SAS'ed, 38.5SX's, Mercedes OM617 Turbo Diesel
'98 Suburban K2500, Cummins 24Valve, 5spd 4x4
'03 VW Jetta TDI
'78 Vette 350 4spd

www.vehiclefleetsolutions.ca

trybe13
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by trybe13 »

BLAZER wrote: What next.....Trybe modding the AG section \:D/ HAHAHA, just kidding!
Image Image
90 Safari XT Hi Top
Lead guitarist for The Jericho Effect
Click the link to bang that head! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Trybe13

jakepatch

Post by jakepatch »

Kind of a thread hi-jack, but I'd also be interested to know how mods are/were/will be chosen....

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

jakepatch wrote:Kind of a thread hi-jack, but I'd also be interested to know how mods are/were/will be chosen....
They've been chosen so far for these reasons

1, Currently an active participant at A.S and seem to have the best interests of A.S (and now this place) at heart

2, Fit the bill for the particular Forum there moderating eg: Dean for the AWD 4x4 Forum

3, Understood the problems A.S is facing and were willing to give this place a shot

4, Did they volunteer to help

Now, if this place gets really busy, then we may just have to increase certain forums to two moderators, but for now...

We are still looking for the following Forums to be Moderated...

EXHAUST
BUY/SELL/TRADE/EBAY
GROUP BUYS

Please let me know if anyone is interested in helping out, thanks zam
Last edited by astrozam on Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jakepatch

Post by jakepatch »

About the best one I could help with would be interior/exterior, but I would need a little training. I'd be more than happy to help if I can though.

Topic author
BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

I would be willing to help out in the Engine /performance, but like Jake, I may need some training too.

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

O.k guys your in, take a look in the Admin/Mods forum. Theres a post on transferring info over to the Backup Board ( B.B ) which you should read.

Make some test posts in your forums and get familiar with editing /delete etc
maybe send your test post over to each others forum then delete them when your done. You should see 3 or 4 buttons in the bottom left hand corner ( of your forum ) that will allow you to move/ edit/ delete a post, or watch a topic

Any questions just ask, also take a look at some of the van maintenance forums for the type of info we are looking to keep.

v8famvan
I sleep in my van

Post by v8famvan »

Marty, That wasn't a very nice comment now was it? [-X
Just joking. I just wanted to use the 'Shame on you' smiley.

Thanks Zam for some more direction on what the responsibilities of a moderator are.

Along those lines, perhaps we could add some information like that into the FAQ on the main page? That 'link' is not activated, so... just an idea.
James from B.C.
1992 Safari - R.I.P.
GM Grand Master Techncian