My new project..

Topic author
BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

My new project..

Post by BLAZER »

Got me a new trailer last night, tired of always borrowing other peoples', 6'5"x16'. Had to do some horse trading, literally, gave $300 plus the 8yr old mare I had for it to my cousin. He used it for his concrete forms/materials, but had 3 trailers so I talked him out of it. Needs sandblasted/painted, brakes & lights checked, bearings packed, and couple runners on floor for support and she'll be ready to go pick up other projects =D> \:D/
...and no, you guys can't borrow it :whistle: O:)
Anyone got some old Chevy hubcabs lying around?

SafariRob
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by SafariRob »

Blazer, I'm envious! Having a car-hauling trailer is something I dream about. Oh, the things that could be brought home with one of those babies...
Then again, maybe it's a good thing that I don't have one after all.
Rob Shaver
1989 Astro 305 with an MSD 6A ignition and a dash-mounted MSD timing control, a 4160 Holley 465 cfm four barrel carb, and an HEI distributor.
Moog 625 front springs and Energy Suspension poly bushings. Rear OEM sway bar. Edelbrock shocks.

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

I would say you made a pretty good trade! Throw some paint on here and it'll make a very nice hauler. What's the GVW?
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

Topic author
BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

I think it's a 7000# but not sure, it has one set of elec brakes. I know it will haul enough weight for what I need to do.
I checked and regreased all bearing tonight, adjusted the brakes up so they will be ready when I get my controller installed in van. Also finished up my wiring harness to match van and checked lights. Now to make some ramps and fix the ball latch and I can use it. Once I get it all working, I plan on sandblasting and couple coats of red paint.
Already got a guy who wants me to pick up a car for him on Sunday.
Now to haul that little POS red car out of there!