anyone using taction bars?

FROM FIBERGLASS MONOLEAFS TO AIR BAGS, STOCK HEIGHT TO BODY SLAMMED, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFTS GO HERE.

Topic author
markinnh
I finally get the smurf thing

anyone using taction bars?

Post by markinnh »

I have stock steel replacement rear leafs springs and would like to possibly make some traction bars. I was just wondering if anyone has tried to either make some or possibly bought some that fit our stock springs. I beleive the springs on these vans are wider then most other vehicle springs, am I right about this? Any input to this topic will be appreciated.
always tinkering with stuff

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: anyone using taction bars?

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

Here is what Peter built...

Here is one BLAZER built...

And here is his build thread.
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Great link Dean, as I have bad axle wrap with my `97 steel leafs, lowered flipkit, Auburn posi, 18 X 245 rear tires and 300hp. I will make these first and see if it helps if not I will have to go to the more expensive option of a 4-link to keep my rear end planted. I wanna be able to claim those two long fat black tire marks down my street, as my trophy !
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Logan

Post by Logan »

AWESOME!!! I'm going to have to try this on my V8, I have major warpage when towing or hammering on the throttle!! Wish I would've seen this before I switched to my steel springs from the fiberglas!
1988 Astro Shorty full cargo - 350 TBI - 5 speed
1993 Passenger 4X4 Astro 305 TBI V8 -2 speed transfer case 5" custom lift - Built by Lockdoc
2015 Ram Promaster City - work car
2004 AWD Express 5.3
2005 Express 15 passenger 6.0
1984 Beauville Full Size Sport Van- built TBI 355-electric fans- 4L60e 95,000 original miles
2001 International School Bus

Topic author
markinnh

Post by markinnh »

Awesome thank you! I have some steel stock that was part of a weight training machine I will make some
always tinkering with stuff

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Logan wrote:AWESOME!!! I'm going to have to try this on my V8, I have major warpage when towing or hammering on the throttle!! Wish I would've seen this before I switched to my steel springs from the fiberglas!
You are better off doing the steel spring swap from composite first, because the composites split after too much abuse.
`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Logan

Post by Logan »

SoCalli V8 wrote: You are better off doing the steel spring swap from composite first, because the composites split after too much abuse.
Oh, I know, I would never keep the composite. I was just thinking I could have done the traction bars at the same time as the steel swap. :-)
1988 Astro Shorty full cargo - 350 TBI - 5 speed
1993 Passenger 4X4 Astro 305 TBI V8 -2 speed transfer case 5" custom lift - Built by Lockdoc
2015 Ram Promaster City - work car
2004 AWD Express 5.3
2005 Express 15 passenger 6.0
1984 Beauville Full Size Sport Van- built TBI 355-electric fans- 4L60e 95,000 original miles
2001 International School Bus