How many people interested in taillight fillers?

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
markinnh
I finally get the smurf thing

How many people interested in taillight fillers?

Post by markinnh »

I have a friend that makes sheet metal parts for different industries and last year he cut and bent a a panel to fill in where the window was on my slider, I have not finished the door due to my welder quitting on me but the panel is perfectly shaped and fills the hole where the window was perfect. So I am gonna ask him about doing the tail light fillers and if he does them and they are as good as the window panel then I will ask him if he would like to make and sell them to the club members.So if anyone here is interested it would be good if I had an idea of how many, Mark
always tinkering with stuff

ihatemybike
I plan to be buried in my van

Re: How many people interested in taillight fillers?

Post by ihatemybike »

Aaron

2005 Astro (Gandalf) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, 130k+ miles
1997 Astro (Grumpy - $250 Rally Van) - AWD, 4.3L, 3.42, LSD, 2" lift, 31" tires, 335k+ orig engine, $30 eBay fuel pump
Prev Astros:99,97,00,94,87,86

SafariRoadster
I am smitten with my van

Post by SafariRoadster »

I'm 100% intrested if the price is right. As stated above there already available but if I can get them at a better price. I'm in.

Topic author
markinnh
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by markinnh »

Sorry but the guy tried hard to make me a set and they did not come out to good so I am not buying them from him either.
always tinkering with stuff

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Very difficult to make these. You can ask Darren about this. Way to many curves and bends,more than you would think but after looking real close you can see them all.
Grant makes some good ones. This is who made mine but ordered through FBI and were cheaper than Grant.
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words

SoCalli V8
Retired
Retired

Post by SoCalli V8 »

Yup as Larry stated, I made a jig to produce these for Astro guys out there that couldn`t afford $120 for a custom made pair (like me). But there are soo many different angles and curves involved to making them perfect..... I spent over 60+ hours and didn`t come out with a quality product that I would be happy about fitting onto my own van, because I am very picky about quality.

So I made my own, but they are way too much work.... I may get back to re-building my jig, if there was enough demand for them. Let me know?

`86 V8 Lowered Cargo, extensively modified, shaved bald, wearing the shortest, sluttyest white primer dress....

A British Wanker living in So KarlyFornia.
My Astro tows my toys to Glamis sand dunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp2pqjQtpso
First ever canal jump at Glamis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZjM84x_Xc

Rebel
Location: Evergreen, Al. 96 mile marker, where life is slow and there are no rules.

Post by Rebel »

Great work Darren. Like that rear of yours. :yikes:
89 Astro, 350 V-8, Shaved doors, Filled Slider, Corvette IRS, 94 Mustang GT Rack & Pinion(Thanks to Skip), Cad Tail lights from SoCalliV8 ( RIP) Miss you my friend.

VIDEO

If you drive illegally, they take your driver's license. If you're here illegally, they want to give you one :)

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words