bracket for rocker cladding .. help!!

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

howso48
I am smitten with my van

Re: bracket for rocker cladding .. help!!

Post by howso48 »

crash wrote:as my posted in the wanted section goes... my cladding has decided to drop off. the stuff under the door on the rockers. so this post really isn't a duplicate. at least i don't think it is. LOL ??

even if I can't find someone to dig some up and ship it.. perhaps someone that lives in a no salt area can give me pics and dimensions so that I can get some made up somehow.

here's the image of the pieces i need (one for drivers side and one for pass side) ... thanks!!!!!!!

Hay, I need this same hanger for my van [-( did you ever find it(new,used)do you still maintain this site??? :partyman: 8-[

blacknome
I sleep in my van

Post by blacknome »

Because I am so cheap, I ghetto rigged mine with a peice of alum extrusion I screwed into the body to create a lip to capture the top of the body cladding. Thewn I used more self tapping screws to pull the plastic cladding down and around and screwed into the bottom of the rocker.

brokenwrench
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by brokenwrench »

I modified my whole cladding, took it off, cleaned it up, surprising amount of metal concern. glued it on with epoxy resin. my painter said it would crack and fall off but it has not to date. made some plastic repairs and some reinforcing underneath with polyurethane resin and glass, which he said would not stick yet it has.

HPbyStan
I sleep in my van

Post by HPbyStan »

#5 is still in stock at GMs Chicago warehouse but it's really high priced.
'04 White AWD Astro cargo
'00 Astro / El Camino
'61 BSA Super Rocket
'71 BSA B50 engine in a '67 C25 250 chassis
Impossible is just a degree of difficulty....

howso48
I am smitten with my van

Post by howso48 »

crash wrote:as my posted in the wanted section goes... my cladding has decided to drop off. the stuff under the door on the rockers. so this post really isn't a duplicate. at least i don't think it is. LOL ??

even if I can't find someone to dig some up and ship it.. perhaps someone that lives in a no salt area can give me pics and dimensions so that I can get some made up somehow.

here's the image of the pieces i need (one for drivers side and one for pass side) ... thanks!!!!!!!

Drumbum; you indicated you used aluminum bar stock :poke: on the repair of the rocker panel clad brackets I recently took my trim off and found about a four inch peace was all that was left, this piece looked like a garage door track only much smaller 1 3/16" for a width, probably would have worked if I could have found the right measurement ](*,) so I guess the question is what type of aluim. stock did you use and what dimensions did you use ? :yikes: it seems that you either had to fabricate the part or you left it hanging loose and somehow snapped the two together \:D/ any way its cold outside :smurf: so I thought I would drop you a line and maybe get some insight as to this project that I hope to complete when the weather allows??? please advise Steve (howso)

howso48
I am smitten with my van

Post by howso48 »

leadtrombone wrote:mine is coming off on the passenger side too. i would be interested in the proper fix for this...
the member Drumbum repaired this part ; you indicated you used aluminum bar stock :poke: on the repair of the rocker panel clad brackets I recently took my trim off and found about a four inch peace was all that was left, this piece looked like a garage door track only much smaller 1 3/16" for a width, probably would have worked if I could have found the right measurement ](*,) so I guess the question is what type of aluim. stock did you use and what dimensions did you use ? :yikes: it seems that you either had to fabricate the part or you left it hanging loose and somehow snapped the two together \:D/ any way its cold outside :smurf: so I thought I would drop you a line and maybe get some insight as to this project that I hope to complete when the weather allows??? please advise Steve (howso)

howso48
I am smitten with my van

Post by howso48 »

GM PN# is 15151226 this bracket holds the lower rocker panel trim on to the rocker panel pass/side/you can find the part at GMpartsgiant@ I think they want over a $120.00 though? I'm going to try using a carpet to floor threshold (metal) turning it up side down befor attaching with self taping stainless screws??? :toimonster: they only come in 36" that I can find so far?? :rolleyes: proably going to have to shim it away from the rocker panel 1/4" or so Steve