sidedoor roller bracket

FROM BUFFING YOUR PAINT, TO REPLACING CRINKLED FENDERS TO SWAPPING A NEWER FRONT END ON, TO SHAVING DOOR HANDLES. TO REPLACING DOOR HANDLES OR INSTALLING CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS, POST THEM HERE.

Topic author
daryl1964
I am merely driving my van

sidedoor roller bracket

Post by daryl1964 »

I have a 95 Safari, the sidedoor roller bracket is badly worn and the door slips out of the track, so I bought a new one($146), I need to remove exterior metal track protector???? another thing can the pin that holds bracket in be popped out easily or will I need another one.

LastCat
I am smitten with my van

Re: sidedoor roller bracket

Post by LastCat »

There are 3 brackets that are attached to the side door. Upper Bar, lower roller track bar, and rear side roller bar. if you are removing the lower roller bar, then just remove the door panel, and unbolt from the door. Also, there will be a release cable, that will be removed as well.

If you are removing the Rear Side Roller Bar (located at the rear of the door) the outside cover plate is removed from the inside. You will need to remove the large side panel from the inside. Once this is removed, you will see a few sheet metal screws that need removing from the outside cover plate. You will also need to remove the Passenger side Brake light to access the last screw. When installing the cover panel, don't forget to use sealer on all the sheet metal screws. Good luck.

6spd_monte
I sleep in my van

Post by 6spd_monte »

And take pictures to share with us when your finished please. \:D/
-James

1987 LT
249,000 miles

Topic author
daryl1964

Post by daryl1964 »

Thanks for replies, I am just waiting for the weather to cooperate and I will Tackle this project. Thanks again.

Topic author
daryl1964

Post by daryl1964 »

Hi Guys. well finally got some good weather today,I do not have the means to post any pics,but I can tell you it took alittle under two hours to complete the project ,had to partially remove interior panel(2x phillips screw also took out coat hanger piece,and tire jack cover to access four small bolts that hold on exterior track cover)also two bolts inside storage)unfortunately on the weekend my remote door opener batteries died and was unable to get backdoor open(key also does not work ,at this point I had everything ripped apart, so I called my son to either watch the van or run to dollar store for batteries instead of opening rear doors and removing passenger side rear light I just bent it out of the way enough to get door off of track,before doing that I had to carefully remove the three bolts on lower black bracket ( under interior panel),just took off bottom corner and wedged a large socket in there while I removed bolts holding lower bracket,also remove small allen key nut from upper bracket then I removed large phillips head screw from bottom bracket holding cable in place then carefully removed black plastic clip that holds cable in place,then my son and I Took off door completley,punched out pin that holds center bracket on(to fully remove pin I had to loosen hex screws on lock, removed two out of the three and was able to pop pin out to remove old worn center bracket,taking note of how spring goes back!!!!!then assembled it all back together in reverse sequence....... Thanks for your help again Guys.............