Front end movement

FROM FIBERGLASS MONOLEAFS TO AIR BAGS, STOCK HEIGHT TO BODY SLAMMED, EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFTS GO HERE.

Topic author
daytonboi
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Front end movement

Post by daytonboi »

That's probably not the best way to describe it.

I have a 1998 Astro AWD. Over the past month or so my front end has been making some noise. I don't really know how to describe it but i'll try. When going over speed bumps after the crest on the way down my hold front end feels like the whole cradle moves up and down. I can feel it under my feet. It also does it when one wheel hits a dip in the road. It's almost like it does it when the suspension has to extend or rebound quickly. It's fine if i creep over a bump but if i'm going faster than a creep it does it. I'm asking because this is my main source of transport and also my work vehicle and need it to be working 100%. Thanks for any incite into the problem.
1996 Chevy Lumina Z34 100k mi. 3100 V6 soon swap to 3400 V6
1998 Chevy Astro AWD 143K mi. 4.3L V6 Green

6spd_monte
I sleep in my van

Re: Front end movement

Post by 6spd_monte »

Could be subframe bushings?
-James

1987 LT
249,000 miles

rlsllc
I sleep in my van

Post by rlsllc »

Check the sway bar end links. When broken, they will cause some noise and odd handling.

x2 on the body mounts.

Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Check all of the sub frame mounting bolts. There are six of them. If any of them are loose or missing there will be a noise similiar to what you describe. \:D/
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

rlsllc wrote:Check the sway bar end links. When broken, they will cause some noise and odd handling.
x2 had them go out on me a couple times and they can definitely cause strange noises and vibes, but check everything else just to be sure.