my non astro toys

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
patgizz
I get chills without my van.

my non astro toys

Post by patgizz »

the 4x4 astro is one of my many toys. way too many when they all end up needing worked on, but when all in good order it sure is fun picking which one to drive. ordered from oldest to newest.

1940 chevy pickup
dragged cab and bed off a farm where it was returning to the earth, bought a $500 1970 camaro circle track car off another farm and dragged it out from behind their barn, used the circle track tube chassis to make a frame for the 40. weight jacks, tubular arms, 3 link rear, giant splined sway bar and all.

1954 belair
my dad bought this one for me out of a field way east of cleveland before i was born, and when i was 15 we rebuilt the original engine and painted it. 10 years later i had some $ and wanted to go fast and handle better, so i built a 350 with vortec heads, did a TCI front end with tubular arms and r&p steering, and i built a 4 link rear. runs 13's in the quarter on a 2.73 open rear.

1972 chevelle
my cousin bought this car about 12 years ago. then he had kids and it needed some work that he never got to, so he sold it to me last year on a payment plan - nice guy. it barely made it home on the old carb. it is pretty much all stock except someone put in a th400, i put on an edelbrock carb and a new exhaust.

1991 corvette
my dad bought this car in 1994 with 43k miles. he drove it to work at the steel mill every day(not winter of course) until the mill closed. at that point it had around 105k and needed some much needed love. he pretty much quit driving it and it sat in the garage for a couple years. he told me if i got him something good on gas to drive to the river with his kayak i could have it so i bought my uncle's 99 s10 and traded him. i've had to replace brakes(now has c6 z51 fronts), tires(so i got the grand sport wheels), the engine harness and pcm fried so i swapped on a carb to get it running on my tight budget.

not pictured are my 53 belair which i am going to put onto a crown vic p71 chassis with an lsx engine, and the 1991 sonoma i fell into from florida with zero rust that is getting the tbi 350 i have on a stand swapped in probably next year sometime.

1Gary
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: my non astro toys

Post by 1Gary »

Thanks for the backround stories and sharing the pic's.
1979 Malibu drag race only car
1999 Sonoma 4.3 5 speed-Rufus
1989 Astro-Ole Yellar cancelled-still selling off parts
1985 Astro-shop van R.I.P. my friend
1994 Astro LT RWD W4.3 rod knock RIP
1982 Winnebago single rear wheel-Chevy 350 Scraped 1/28/13-broken dreams......

Rochester,NY

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

Some unique and cool rides!
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

That is one of te coolest looking c4's i've seen. Thats a nice collection of rides. Do you still have them all at the same time?
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

BLAZER
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by BLAZER »

I remember when I was up getting that tractor, you were just installing four link in rear of the 54. I remember seeing the vette too. You suck on the Chevelle... man, I want one!!!! Glad your still wrenching.
Are you still doing the home improvement stuff???

Pat is a good guy, I've known him for a few years thorugh nastyz28.com. Pat, post some pics of blue 2nd gen you had, I so much wanted to buy that before you parted but didn't have the $$$$

Topic author
patgizz
I get chills without my van.

Post by patgizz »

that is the current fleet, when i get my hands on something i really really want i tend to not let it go.

marty, the camaro pics, what few there are, are on a broken computer right now. so are most all of my other pics. we're still in business. it's slow for christmas right now just like every year.

here is my work truck