Customized Van - most components not working

USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS SUCH AS WIRE COLOR CODES, BLOWING FUSES OR WIRING SHORTS.

Topic author
95astroglaval
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Customized Van - most components not working

Post by 95astroglaval »

Hi all;

I have a 1995 Astro Gladiator Conversion Van (from Glaval). It includes a power-folding bed, a rear vacuum (which I find hilarious), TV, VCR, Courtesy lights, and Mood lights. All of these go through the SmartBlok, which is the Glaval power management circuit board (see attached picture. I tested out everything, except for the overhead courtesy lights scattered all over, and mood lights (rope lighting). Note: all of the courtesy lights would come on when I opened the door (and while in park). This is how it should work.

However, when driving, I wanted to turn on all of the courtesy lights (or mood lights) via the gang switch in the overhead console nothing would come on.

So I read the manual and to get that to work I needed to turn the headlight/rheostat switch all the way to the right until it clicks. I did this, and then turned on the overhead gang switch to activate the courtesy lights. They came on for a second, then they went off. I heard two clicks, one coming from the rheostat switch and the other from SmartBlok circuit board. Since then, ONLY the TV & VCR work. My overhead courtesy lights don't come on at all (no matter what the rheostat setting is), and the powerfolding bed & vacumm also do not work.

I checked all fused, both in the Astro fuse box and the SmartBlock. Nada - all are good.

Any ideas??