General Procedures Sub-Forum

Questions, comments, criticisms, issues, suggestions, praise etc related to this Forum
(Please do not post van questions)

Topic author
astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

General Procedures Sub-Forum

Post by astroturf »

The General Procedures Sub-Forum, Has failed us.

We have New Members pulling and linking the very same exact procedures from other Websites/Forums.

In my opinion. The articles should be dispersed among the pertinent Sub-Forum topics. This would make them easier to find and be further defined with new material, Perhaps as stickies.

Just a thought, Jim

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Re: General Procedures Sub-Forum

Post by Cobra »

it's not the forums fault people don't use the search button enough that's all, if we were going to move any of that info i would suggest turning them into html and posting on the main pages as well as forums
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

Topic author
astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

Cobra,

Not sure why, as a section mod, you have anything to add to this but your opinion. Just like me.

Let's wait until the Admins for the site respond.

And, Let's stop bleeding Members, O.K.?

Jim

Cobra
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Cobra »

what?
1998 GMC Safari AWD, BFGoodrich AllTerrain T/A
Jet performance tuner 91 octane preset, Jet under-drive pulleys
Rancho 999000 series shock, on-board controller to be installed later
DHC rock rails and skid plate Add-A-Leaf
G3500 front calipers
Zexel Torsen Diff
11" drums
180 amp Alternator
Long tru-cool 4590 trans cooler

1997 gone

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Not sure how this has failed us?

I took a quick look and it seems as tho people have posted procedures on different fixes, could you clarify where you think it needs fixing? is this in regards to people who are members at AS/ASV posting the same fix on both sites?

Whats the "bleeding members" comment in regards to, if you don't mind me asking?

Topic author
astroturf
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by astroturf »

astrozam wrote:Not sure how this has failed us?

I took a quick look and it seems as tho people have posted procedures on different fixes, could you clarify where you think it needs fixing? is this in regards to people who are members at AS/ASV posting the same fix on both sites?

Whats the "bleeding members" comment in regards to, if you don't mind me asking?
In my opinion. The articles should be dispersed among the pertinent Sub-Forum topics. This would make them easier to find and be further defined with new material, Perhaps as stickies.

astrozam

Post by astrozam »

O.k, I think I understand what you mean...

I believe the idea was that members who needed to perform a procedure could quickly go to the Procedures forum to see if it had been covered by someone. Often people will know what procedure they want to do, but they are not to sure on what forum it may be hiding in. If they cannot quickly find it in the procedures forum then they would need to use the search function or start to go thru the different forums looking for the info.

There are several ways to try to make info easily available, at one time we put all procedure stuff into the Tech Gallery link on the Home pg, but many do not enter from the Home pg and as a result never see that link.

MountainManJoe

Post by MountainManJoe »

I don't want to be a sh :-# t disturber, but I'll add my Image. I think Jim has a point. How hard is it really to click on the tires or engine subforum to find what you're looking for? I get that sometimes topics can be ambiguous, or may relate to a more than one section, but that's what the search button is for. It's more organised, but above all, consistent. Right now there are several blower motor topics in both the procedures and climate control sections. If they're sticked, or have the work PROCEDURE in the subject, then they will be easy to find.