How much lift is on my new to me Astro?

scarecrow
I get chills without my van.

Re: How much lift is on my new to me Astro?

Post by scarecrow »

it also has the short (better) torsion bars and the front ball joints have been relocated to the bottom of the upper arm. stock gears 3.42s no locker or limited slip. this is how it was set up for me when i had it.
SOLD and missing my 1995 Astro AWD 5 1/2 lift and 31 inch tires...

Topic author
Dwanker
I am merely driving my van

Post by Dwanker »

That is it for sure!
The guy had it repainted w/stock color, matte finish clear coat, blacked-out, killer stereo all the things any 20 year old boy would love minus the water bed.
The problem is, I am 47 years old and have MS. I don't know what the hell I was thinking, maybe that it looks really cool. Would you like to buy it back for 6k
It now has 171k miles and about 8k in new parts since I bought it in 7, 2011.
I always wanted an Astro but, this is just too tall, rides rough, even after I had the front torsion bars untweeked a little, it only lost about 1/2 inch. I really need Something a little closer to stock for the wheel chair. It really does look cool but, I should probably just sell and move on to something more practical. Can you send me more details about how the lift was done? Great to see these pictures!

scarecrow
I get chills without my van.

Post by scarecrow »

no thanks on the buy back. i sold it to him for 3k. i did the lift instal in my brothers garage. nothing special on the lift go to overlandvans.com look at there 4"kit for 95 up AWD astro and that is what it has. only upgrade was the full rear lift spring. the van does look great. i have been thinking about building another lifted awd something with 50k miles or so in the 04 to 06 range. also i saw your dog sitting in the back. i had a 140lb shepard lab that sat the same way in that van he went everywhere with me everyday including work and vaction. he is the reason i got that van. i sold it just after he passed.
SOLD and missing my 1995 Astro AWD 5 1/2 lift and 31 inch tires...

Topic author
Dwanker

Post by Dwanker »

Thanks, that answers a bunch of questions. I hate to do it but, I will probably lower it a couple of inches to bring the ride back closer to what I need.
I live at 5500' so I will also need to go to 3:73 or 4:11 gears or I hate say it, smaller tires.
I wonder how much lift I could drop and stay with the 31's. If you have any other photo's I would love to see them!

Dwayne