97 4.3 to 5.7 vortec

SWAPPING IN A 305, 350 OR ANY OTHER SMALL BLOCK, POST THEM HERE.

sfeaver
I sleep in my van

Re: 97 4.3 to 5.7 vortec

Post by sfeaver »

Thats a spittin image of mine!

Topic author
greenmachine
I am merely driving my van

Post by greenmachine »

ya it sure is! are you a 97 to sfeaver? and did you say you lived in hamilton? im having a little trouble finding a place to do the swap thought you might know a place? ive got all the tools just no garage and not to many shops are into engine swaps. and if your interested ive got a cap for these vans (front visor)

sfeaver
I sleep in my van

Post by sfeaver »

Yes its a 97 also and am in Hamilton. Not sure of any shops, I did it myself in my garage. Not sure who would want to do it (shops i mean) as it is quite involved. Certainly worth doing though!

Scott

Topic author
greenmachine

Post by greenmachine »

Scott any chance you remember which model number that fan was?
and the dealer part number on the engine mounts?

thanks Ron

sfeaver
I sleep in my van

Post by sfeaver »

A Flex-A-lite 292 is what I bought. It comes with GM truck brackets (most you wont use anyhow, if any actually, I cant remember), plus a variable speed controller. If your changing the PCM to a newer style and can program it, you can use it to control the fans and not get the controller. But you wont save much money. 295 model comes with just controller, no custom brackets. If you look in my photobucket site you will see what I did. I think I just used a couple piece of aluminum angle and attached it to the rad. a 298 model comes without the controller. I paid about 500$ US from summit racing. Buying it in canada is a bit more.

Motor mounts are GM number 22188284 and I paid $45 US each, tranny mount is 22145766 and was $67 US. Curious to see what they cost here retail, but I would bet it will be a shocker.

Scott