Need new tires

HAVE A TIRE QUESTION? LIKE YOUR TIRES AND WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW? NEED TO KNOW IF THEY WILL FIT? POST IT HERE.

Stroverlander
I sleep in my van

Re: Need new tires

Post by Stroverlander »

donh97 wrote:Yep, me too. I need new tires & I plan for a 2" lift. My astro is an 02, bought it recently & am just getting the quirks & kinks worked out. Most urgent right now is a leaking around the top of the windshield. Back to tires. We have a need to go off road both in TX & CO on 4wd roads that are not too bad. Mostly steep w/ small rocks. Highway tires will even work & that's what I want. A good quiet highway ride because its 775 miles from our house in southwest Texas to our house trailer in south central COlorado. I'd like something taller but about stock width. I like the tires on the van pictured below. Don't know whose van this is but I like the stance. Anyone know what size these tires are, or would anyone venture a guess?

Love this forum. You guys & gals are great!!

Don
I believe those are Cooper AT3s, those or the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S would work well for you. I had a couple sets of the Geolandar A/T-S and they are very capable all around tires.
2004 Astro LT AWD Stroverlander

donh97
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by donh97 »

OK good. And, I just learned that the Astros later than my 02 have 16" wheels. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the wheels pictured are 6 lug, thus 16". So, I have to find some tall 15s to increase my clearance. Thanks for your help.
97 Safari AWD
02 Astro AWD

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Post by Astrophysics »

My 2003AWD Astro has 3.42 axle designed for 215/70-16 tire. See right side of photo.
My 225/70-16 is a bit taller and i really could use 3.73 axle for better take off torque from standing start and better acceleration.
Attachments
image.jpg