Totally Obnoxious Individual

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Totally Obnoxious Individual

Post by CaptSquid »

As you may all well know, I am sentenced to the use of crutches and/or a power scooter. Since this sentence began, I have noticed that shoppers of a particular chain of retail establishments that begins with the letter "W" are completely oblivious to their fellow shoppers and surrounding environment.

I'm 6'2" (1.88m) tall, not exactly inconspicuous. Yet, people are so wrapped up in their shopping that they don't even see me! When I'm in the scooter, obviously, I'm shorter still and even less visible. Yesterday, while shopping, I was almost hit by two other shoppers whose heads were up and locked.

The end of my excursion was crowned by this individual who, for lack of a better term, was an anencephalic troglodyte. This fool had his cell phone glued to his head and was seeing nothing but what was straight ahead. He cut me off as I was exiting the store. I raised my voice and said, quite loudly, "Excuse me!" This caused him to interrupt his "very important" conversation and upset him greatly. I also told him that he should watch where he was going. He responded with a string of non-imaginative invectives, demonstrating his "quality" education and told me to mind my own "****ing" business. I can use those words, too, but my command is much better than his. He responded that I'd better be careful or he'd break my "other ****ing leg."

Do we really need people like this on this planet?
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

LiftedAWDAstro
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Re: Totally Obnoxious Individual

Post by LiftedAWDAstro »

CaptSquid wrote:Do we really need people like this on this planet?
Not at all! )>) Too bad their inbred parents probably made a few more just like it! :D

Of course you could turn it around too. I was in the same fine establishment in our town and almost got ran over by a very wide individual in one of the scooters when she decided to just back up to go down another aisle! Those things need mirrors...or the operator needs to look back. I just backed up and the person went down the aisle and I shook my head! [-( I bet their cars rear bumper is banged up too! :muhaha:
Current rides:
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4
2008 Dodge Nitro 4x4
2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S Special Edition

Mileage spreadsheet

Vans owned:
1986 Safari 2.5L 4 speed manual - scrapped
1995 Astro 2WD conversion 4.11 posi, shift kit, DHC rock rails - sold to Skippy
1998 Astro 4x4 D44, D60, NP231, full hydraulic system with 9k# Milemarker winch and snow plow - sold to Lockdoc
2003 Astro AWD all stock - traded for a 3/4 ton truck
2005 AWD, 4.10's - sold to skippy

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

Ever seen the movie called 'Idiocracy' ?
It explains this pretty well.
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.

lockdoc
I sleep in my van

Post by lockdoc »

doyoulikeithere wrote:Ever seen the movie called 'Idiocracy' ?
It explains this pretty well.
Everybody has GOT to see that movie!
Current:
01 AWD - Stock
98 AWD - Stock
Past:
93 4WD - 305 V8 - 5" lift - 31" tires
98 4WD DHC - 10" lift - 33" tires - Onboard air and Hydraulics - Snowplow
92 RWD - 350 V8 - lowered - 97 front clip
92 RWD - 350 V8 - converted to AWD - V6
91 AWD - 350 V8 - conversion van
94 RWD - 350 V8 - sons van
92 RWD - stock - sons van
93 RWD Shorty - project
89 RWD Shorty - parts van

Topic author
CaptSquid
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by CaptSquid »

LiftedAWDAstro wrote:
CaptSquid wrote:Do we really need people like this on this planet?
Not at all! )>) Too bad their inbred parents probably made a few more just like it! :D

Of course you could turn it around too. I was in the same fine establishment in our town and almost got ran over by a very wide individual in one of the scooters when she decided to just back up to go down another aisle! Those things need mirrors...or the operator needs to look back. I just backed up and the person went down the aisle and I shook my head! [-( I bet their cars rear bumper is banged up too! :muhaha:
Most of those "permit loads" don't need those scooters. They need to exercise a different set of muscles -0- the muscles that push them away from the feeding trough!
Mike, Billings, MT, 'MERICA!
92 Safari SLE w/Z Motor (sold to a good home)
98 AWD Stro LS
93 Suburban Silverado 4x4

Look for the MISSING Alien in the Right Seat. AL, PHONE HOME!!!

ImageImage

JTalley
I sleep in my van

Post by JTalley »

Many of the people that go to WalMart just seem to have some deep-seated hatred of everybody. I work there. There was a wreck in the parking lot, followed by a verbal fight, the police were called, etc. I get yelled at by the customers all the time because I'm a cart pusher and all our carts have been hit, and half of them have wobbly wheels. I rarely ever see any handicapped people park in the handicapped spots because people that aren't handicapped park there and I'm not allowed to do anything about it. We always see handicapped people waiting on the electric carts because all of them get taken by slightly overweight people and then hidden (I do mean hidden, they take them to the far side, put them behind cars and what not) out in the parking lot. I think the people in this world need a wake-up call.
Jake

Ed- 1992 Astro, RWD, 4.3l V6 (purchased Feb. 2011)
FlowTech Red Hots glasspack exhaust (finally got it put on there!)
Old rides (earlier to later)
2004 Honda 250 Rebel (my dad's bike, he let me use it)
Neko- 1991 S10 Blazer, 4x4, 4-door (SOLD Feb. 2011)
Custom (aka failed) diy paint job- red with black stripe

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

I think if I ever got so fat that I gotta ride a walmart scooter to get more groceries, I would just shoot myself in the head, just as soon as the commercials come on...
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.