Custom 3inch exhaust

Manifolds, flexpipe, catalytic converters, mufflers, hangers, piping, EGR etc.

Topic author
e7ats
I finally get the smurf thing

Custom 3inch exhaust

Post by e7ats »

SoCalli V8
Posted: June 28 2003,4:27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought that you would be interested to see a single 3 inch system that our "muffler guy" built last week.

The truck is a `94 Chevy 4x4 with a 350 tbi motor, 6inch lift and the headers are Doug Thorley TRI-Y`s.

This is taken from under the wheel arch on the driver`s side. Tri-Y headers take 2 cylinders on the same bank an` join them together in a "Y".

Then the 2 "Y`s" join together at the collector, this design greatly improves torque, for towing power.

Rockwerx
Posted: June 28 2003,4:57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darren, Nice exhaust system on that truck! Do you think that those headers would fit our V8 AWD projects? I would like to know the part number. I may be able to try a set and take them back if they don't fit. I have always wanted to try a set of Thorley's.

ssfari
Posted: July 03 2003,2:33

wouldn.t you be better with a 2 1/2, or 2 3/4 system . From what I have read a 3" system actually retards the exhaust. I don't know, too much of a good thing maybe.

Astronut
Posted: July 03 2003,3:53

Quote (ssfari @ July 02 2003,21:33)
From what I have read a 3" system actually retards the exhaust.
dual 2.25 is the pretty much the same as a single 3" pipe as far as airflow. Dual 2.5" is a bit more than a single 3" pipe. So a single 3" is just fine..

LiftedAWDAstro
Posted: July 03 2003,10:41

Nice system!

My Silverado runs a single 3" exhaust and it has the 4.3 v-6. With this set-up (factory includes dual cat's) it has kind of a low rumble at idle ... sounds good!

SoCalli V8
Posted: July 07 2003,4:12

Stewart, I am not 100% familuar with how much room that you 4x4 guys have, down low under the hood. It`s been a while since I`ve seen a 4x4 Astro.... but I`ll try and get the part # of the headers anyway.

Rockwerx
Posted: July 22 2003,3:46

Darren, I am still interested in more information on your friends truck exhaust system. From looking at the pics they might fit on the drivers side of and AWD V8 combo. Could you post a picture of the passenger side header? Those headers would really help out my new engine combo if they will fit.
Thanks dude! Image

SoCalli V8
Posted: July 22 2003,6:13

I`ll try and get those pic`s from the passenger side for you....

chubbyhubbynyc
Posted: Oct. 27 2003,4:37

nice setup! is it powdercoated or painted? it looks nice and silvery. stainless?

it does look really nice thow.

SoCalli V8
Posted: Nov. 08 2003,1:08

Actually he painted the headers first, but soon after, it all burnt off.

Dead Roman
Posted: Mar. 09 2004,1:42

should have gotten them powdercoated with high temp. 45 bux and its guaranteed to outlast your car.

i know, i coat alot of headers.