Alaska

Non technical and off-topic discussion

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Alaska

Post by Smiliesafari »

Cherie and I have just returned from our two week tour of Alaska. After having lived in Florida for most of my life it was like visiting a foreign country. We did a week in the interior and a week on a cruise ship. Pics to come.
1996 Safari SLX Hotair balloon transport vehicle

okie1
I sleep in my van

Re: Alaska

Post by okie1 »

Lucky you, that is one place I have never been to. Yes pictures would be nice. :cheers:

mdmead
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by mdmead »

I spent five days in the Anchorage area back in the winter of '04 and told myself I have to get back there. Haven't made it yet, but will!

Can't wait to see your pics!
Matt
Selah, WA
-96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion -->Stalled 5.3L swap & 5" lift
-74 Ford Bronco -->Far from perfect but mine!
-99 V-10 Ford Super Duty Super Cab 4x4 -->Stock with 285 Cooper ATs
-00 Ford Focus Wagon -->The Red Turd
-95 Ford 24' Class C Motorhome -->My big block sleeper
-07 Can-Am Outlander XT -->My yellow 4x4 quad for work & play
-04 Ski Doo REV Summit -->Still several chassis behind!

No new projects until the current ones are done!

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Cool Skip, did you run into that crazy warm weather they had?

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

:cheers:
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

Topic author
Smiliesafari
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Smiliesafari »

A few of about 300 pictures we took. To answer Zam's question...Yes, we were there for the heat wave. Everyone was running around in shorts and T shirts. We were on planes, trains and boats. The float plane took us to a remote lodge where we ate fresh caught and grilled salmon. YUM!!!! The grizzly was taking a nap right on the side of the road. We were on a bus and were that close. He wasn't a bit disturbed. After he looked at us he put his head back down and went to sleep. The mountain is the one they call Denali. It's 20320 ft. We were told that only 30% of the park visitors get to see the entire mountain because of cloud cover. Our day in the park couldn't have been any better. There's glaciers everywhere. They're quite impressive. And really loud when chuncks break off. The ship is the Holland America "Zandaam". It was built in 2000 and christened by Mary Kate and Ashley, the Olsen twins. Fishing is a big deal. Ketchikan is the salmon capitol of the world. And last but not least....proof that my wife has crabs. Boy...I'm in SO much trouble.

astrozam
I have my van tatooed on my cheeks

Post by astrozam »

Smiliesafari wrote:A few of about 300 pictures we took. To answer Zam's question...Yes, we were there for the heat wave. Everyone was running around in shorts and T shirts. We were on planes, trains and boats. The float plane took us to a remote lodge where we ate fresh caught and grilled salmon. YUM!!!! The grizzly was taking a nap right on the side of the road. We were on a bus and were that close. He wasn't a bit disturbed. After he looked at us he put his head back down and went to sleep. The mountain is the one they call Denali. It's 20320 ft. We were told that only 30% of the park visitors get to see the entire mountain because of cloud cover. Our day in the park couldn't have been any better. There's glaciers everywhere. They're quite impressive. And really loud when chuncks break off. The ship is the Holland America "Zandaam". It was built in 2000 and christened by Mary Kate and Ashley, the Olsen twins. Fishing is a big deal. Ketchikan is the salmon capitol of the world. And last but not least....proof that my wife has crabs. Boy...I'm in SO much trouble.

Ooops went to qoute you skip but actually ended up adding my comment to your post, anywho its all fixed up now...

Thanks for sharing the pics and narrative of your trip Skip, looks like you two had a great time...and YES you are in trouble ...lol

doyoulikeithere
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by doyoulikeithere »

Looks like the trip of a lifetime ! Yup, It must have been funny looking compared to Florida ! Lol..
That Mountain looks amazing ! Your so lucky to have seen it so clearly in the sun.
Thanks for sharing those pics ! need I ask,,, Didyalikeitthere ?
2021 Yamaha Tenere 700 - Blue.
2016 Yamaha XSR900 - Silver.
1990 Astro - AWD - Brown.
1987 Astro - With 5 Speed & 4wd - Silver & Blue.

okie1
I sleep in my van

Post by okie1 »

Well, how is the divorce coming along ? Seriously, thanks for sharing the pictures, beautiful. =D>