DIY: Astro AWD Motor Mount Replacement Energy Suspension

Mmusicman
I finally get the smurf thing

Re: DIY: Astro AWD Motor Mount Replacement Energy Suspension

Post by Mmusicman »

Well, it seems this topic has been revived several times, but it's the first time I've seen it and it couldn't come at a better time for me! My mounts are ALL shot (@190K) and I've been wondering if someone had any details on changing them on an AWD. Low and behold... thank you Stroverlander!

Ironically, I have also considered the very same issue with cheap Chinese mounts filling the market (even from GM)... and would want to consider a much better (longer lasting) option like the Urethane mounts.

Great post... and great detail... including all the fantastic photos! :)

PS: Clearly well informed and educated... plus it looks like we share similar van mods as well. It looks like we may even have the SAME tires! lol
-
2000 Chevy Astro LS AWD | 31" LT265/70R17 Tires | 8" LIFT | 10" TOTAL
92 Chevy Astro Shorty | V8-350
http://www.CruisinSouthFlorida.com

rudytj
I am merely driving my van
I am merely driving my van

Post by rudytj »

does anybody have the pictures from this post?

Bret Schmerker
I finally get the smurf thing

Post by Bret Schmerker »

:cheers: Thanks for the heads up on the a market saturated with chink mounts. I's already considering new powertrain mounts for my M11006, and ideally I'd like thick metal plates rather than even the ENERGY SUSPENSION® urethanes available to remanufacture the stock clamshells - that's the only way to provide for Powermaster's old-school improved starters with 2.0 kW direct-drive motors (for CHEVROLET® Turbo-Fire 348, 409; Turbo-Jet 366, 396, 402, 427, 454), for which the stock motor mounts don't provide enough clearance. But at least the urethanes are available and cut for the application.
1997 GMC M11006 (Safari SLE, 2WD, V6-4300/4L60-E/7.625" 3.73:1 open)
Acquired Jul 2018 / In service Sep 2018 - Nov 2022 / down due leaky valve(s) #5 cyl.