2003 GTRV poptop conversion for sale.. price thoughts?

Topic author
supafly
I am merely driving my van

2003 GTRV poptop conversion for sale.. price thoughts?

Post by supafly »

I have a 2003 RWD GMC Safari GTRV conversion which was done last year that I am selling, I'm buying a trailer. It has 180,000km on it and brand new tires and is in top notch running order.

It has a 2-way Edgestar fridge, aux battery, ARB awning and I have created my own shelving for storage and a lower box for storage as well as a sleeping platform.

The van cost me $5000, the poptop and upper bunk cost $7500, done by GTRV. The fridge was $800 and includes a 5 year warranty and the ARB awning was about $400.

I was thinking of putting it up for around $11,000 - does that seem like a reasonable price?

Topic author
supafly

Re: 2003 GTRV poptop conversion for sale.. price thoughts?

Post by supafly »

I am in Vancouver, BC btw.

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

Personally, I'd say it's worth a bit more than that, if only because GTRV is charging more for the conversions now. I'm also biased as I'd like to think MINE is worth quite a bit more than that! ;-)

Look at the Van section on expeditionportal.com and there's a thread there where people track vans for sale. I'm betting you'll see higher prices than you're expecting. At the very least, I'd list it there with a higher asking price and see how people react before you automatically cut yourself short. The main negative working against you from an ExPo standpoint is that it's RWD only, but anyone looking to use it more on-road than off will see it as a bargain VW Westy Weekender alternative.
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

Also: We demand photos. Only because GTRV's are so rare here. Lots of photos, especially the interior!
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.

Topic author
supafly

Post by supafly »

The interior is fairly boring, I only did the roof poptop with GTRV so the rest is a DIT project.

et voila!

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/rvs/4622620862.html