Where to find a transfer case? (NP233)

FROM AWD'S TO 2-SPEED MANUAL SHIFT, IF IT LINKS THE REAR AXLE TO THE FRONT AXLE, POST IT HERE.

Topic author
Wiley
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Where to find a transfer case? (NP233)

Post by Wiley »

So I want to swap out my transfer case for 4x4 now that I have decided to keep the van. From reading I think I want a NP233, I do not want to deal with electrical wiring of a switch as I dont mind, and may prefer, the manual shifter inside my van, and it seems it may require the least amount of modification which is also a plus. I will also be able to copy Lifted and Herbie which is always nice, since I dont know how to do this stuff without someone elses lead.

Most posts are from guys who grab a tc from a junkyard, but the ones by me are picked bare most likely due to my proximity of Mexico, those guys are good. I see tc's on ebay that range from 75$ to over a grand, I assume rebuilt means I am paying too much for something, is there any way to know what I am getting or is it a crap shoot? Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced tc? Thanks
2guys1truck.com: 2004 AWD Chevy Astro from California to Colombia!
want to follow along, or think our paths may cross, Facebook kjswiley

Astrophysics
I sleep in my van

Re: Where to find a transfer case? (NP233)

Post by Astrophysics »

Hi,

The Pic n Pull places from Row52.com may be able to get you a np233 tc from 1998 to 2000 S10 Blazer.

Also, just for fun you should look at web site for the Advance Adapters Atlas TC. It is about $2000 but apparently is awesome with gear drive instead of chain drive for the 2 speed case. It allos manual shift on the fly. It also allows 4LO and 2LO plus 4 HI and 2Hi
Also see the new write up on the other Astro web site for awesome wiring og electric switch and encoder, harness. Etc.

AP

Herbie
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Herbie »

car-part.com May be an option as well. That's nice for being able to limit search to interchange years, etc.
"My minivan is cooler than your bro-truck"
2003 Astro AWD Astrolander/ZMB - GTRV Top Transplant, 4" OLV Lift, NP233 T-case, evolving interior
1995 Safari GTRV Organ donor - gutted and gone.

Topic author
Wiley
ASV Supporter
ASV Supporter

Post by Wiley »

Great thanks guys ill check those out
2guys1truck.com: 2004 AWD Chevy Astro from California to Colombia!
want to follow along, or think our paths may cross, Facebook kjswiley

T.Low
I plan to be buried in my van

Post by T.Low »

I found a parts truck s10 Blazer on CL for $200 that had everything I needed.
ImageImageImageImage
AstroLander Build Slideshow
Church bells ringing in the middle of a gunfight.