97 Astro Heater control Valve plus

HVAC, heating, cooling, air handling. Anything air temp related.

Topic author
howso48
I am smitten with my van

97 Astro Heater control Valve plus

Post by howso48 »

Took the van out today for a short jaunt to the neighboring town about 23 miles and cold turned the front and rear heater on when the temp gauge bumped 100 degrees??/ so driving along front heater working good temp climbing to 150 or so and noticed it wasn't getting as :D warm as it normally as it usually get in the van for that distance and temp??/ stuck my hand around the back side of the drivers seat and it was blowing :poke: cold air ??/ So my question is has the rear heater / Ac have a relay along with a solenoid in the rear unit that changes the cold to hot air flap??/ [-( I wouldn't think it would have a vacuum system running to the rear of the vehicle but who knows :cry: [-o< :prayer:
Okay figured out that its probably the water control valve on the firewall under the dryer accumulator and GMpartsgaint with my VIN# says its a 6 port valve because of the rear heater/AC I guess ??/ But there calling for another valve that I have have been able to locate in any of the literature that I have searched see below ??/
Valve in question // So I still don't know what or where this other valve there calling for GM Part#15070012
15070012 VALVE,AUX HTR WAT SHUTOFF(2 PORT, TO REAR HTR, INCLS ACTUATOR/SOLENOID & MTG BRKT)
LM1(C36)(EXC YF7) 01 $155.22 $89.53
Valve under hood under dryer on the fire wall // See Pic below ??/
15984154 VALVE,HTR WAT BYPASS(6 PORT)
LM1(C36)(EXC YF7) 01 $83.95 $46.95
Attachments
Astro water valve.jpg
Astro water valve.jpg (14.32 KiB) Viewed 2627 times